1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by FirefromAbove

1. Iohannes
    Iohannes
    You too are a Warhammer fan? (I refuse to add fantasy to avoid confusion with 40,000)
    Sep 10, 2021
    FirefromAbove likes this.
  2. FirefromAbove
    FirefromAbove
    40k yes
    Sep 10, 2021
  3. Iohannes
    Iohannes
    Ah I see. I don't like 40k at all. I am into WHF.
    Sep 10, 2021
  4. FirefromAbove
    FirefromAbove
    I'm the opposite XD
    Sep 10, 2021
    Iohannes likes this.
  5. Iohannes
    Iohannes
    See WHF has lots of themes that imitate the late medieval socioreligious landscape of Europe, except all that is evil and heretic is tied to non-human and corrupted beasts, mutants, etc. That is what interests me the most. The moral issues are all there and the Christian-like factions tend to appear as the good guys.
    Sep 10, 2021
  6. Iohannes
    Iohannes
    Warhammer 40K instead has zealous overtones and basically the most iconic guys are worshipping a man who is a "god emperor". Pagan rome much? Lmao
    Ofc I don't question your tastes, it's just that I find the lore much less inspiring if you read it in-depth. Also, no dwarves? Lame.
    Sep 10, 2021
  7. FirefromAbove
    FirefromAbove
    40k is an excellent critique of our modern world with a very interesting story.
    Sep 10, 2021
  8. FirefromAbove
    FirefromAbove
    The empire of man is the greatest critique of scientism and atheism I have seen in media. This man wants to free humanity from religion yet in his process to do so creates a zealous cult. Just as we see in the modern world. The aesthetic of the universe is mesmerizing, it's extremely brutal and sets a tone for the dog-eat-dog world it is. There is no good guy, there is only survival.
    Sep 10, 2021
    Iohannes likes this.
  9. FirefromAbove
    FirefromAbove
    What WHF says about the good of human nature, 40k tells of the Kingdom of Man. Literally the Imperium of Man. Also there's dwarves.
    Sep 10, 2021
    Iohannes likes this.
  10. Iohannes
    Iohannes
    Well, I fully agree in these respects. I can see what you're saying, but that's not how most people roleplay 40K from what I've seen. They just really like the Imperium, at least on paper and on a surface level. Maybe I should not be surprised of that tho.
    Sep 11, 2021
  11. Iohannes
    Iohannes
    As for Warhammer Fantasy, I unironically like a good share of Sigmar's cult and the human society within the universe is nice. The "good" guys really do exist, even if they have among them some fringe subcults that are indeed extreme. Witch Hunters are some of them.
    Sep 11, 2021
  12. Iohannes
    Iohannes
    If you ever reconsider it, delve into Bretonnia and the Grail Knights (who are blessed warriors who after death are kept and brought into war within reliquaries). Also give a look at human "gods" like Shallya, Verena and Morr. They all have interesting aspects ripped off Christianity and European history.
    Sep 11, 2021
  13. FirefromAbove
    FirefromAbove
    I also love the aesthetic of 40k. Its grandiose and gothic with a sci fi background. Everything in the universe is designed for aesthetic and not function. Its everywhere in the imperium.
    Sep 11, 2021
  14. Iohannes
    Iohannes
    I see. I can't like scifi stuff as much as Fantasy, to the point that, when I searched for a good fantasy mmorpg, I ended up playing the Star Wars one (I really like SW a lot)
    Sep 11, 2021
  15. FirefromAbove
    FirefromAbove
    The Old republic is great!
    Sep 11, 2021
    Iohannes likes this.
  16. Iohannes
    Iohannes
    cause all the fantasy ones sucked, and yet I still ended up searching for another mmorpg a year later because SWTOR wasn't satisfying enough. This probably stems from my passion for medieval warfare and anything that is European (like most fantasy races).
    Sep 11, 2021
  17. Iohannes
    Iohannes
    Yeah man it has the best single player experience of any MMORPG I ever tried. I find the multiplayer lacking however. I am used to how it is in WoW (which I recently started playing again, on Classic). Do you still play SWTOR? I think I'm on Darth Malgus, but it's a EU server and I suppose you're American.
    Sep 11, 2021
  18. FirefromAbove
    FirefromAbove
    I play on Darth Malgus yes. I dont play much anymore because Im very busy but if I can find my characters id send their names to you
    Sep 11, 2021
    Iohannes likes this.
  19. Iohannes
    Iohannes
    That's cool. Wait, you're not an Imperial are you? Otherwise my republic trooper will have to gun you down.
    Sep 11, 2021
  20. FirefromAbove
    FirefromAbove
    I got imperial and I have a reoublic trooper imma transfer when I get a chance.
    Sep 11, 2021
  21. FirefromAbove
    FirefromAbove
    I do have a jedi consular too.

None of these characters are maxed level though.
    Sep 11, 2021
    Iohannes likes this.
  22. Iohannes
    Iohannes
    Well neither is mine lol
    Sep 12, 2021
  23. FirefromAbove
    FirefromAbove
    Daegrcic is my counsular's name
    Sep 18, 2021
    Iohannes likes this.
  24. Iohannes
    Iohannes
    Alright I'll try to add you the next time I log in. Might take some time tho cause I am focussing on a couple of other games atm.
    Sep 19, 2021