1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by icebreaker p

1. icebreaker p
    icebreaker p
    Tears and regret - sometimes maybe just what the soul needs. But this doesn't stop me for long. I prefer not to feel guilty but to motivate myself to act and change myself.
    Mar 17, 2022
    ThinkSmarter likes this.
  2. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    how about disgust or negative reinforcement, maybe positive reinforcement to stop the compulsion
    Mar 17, 2022
    ThinkSmarter and icebreaker p like this.
  3. icebreaker p
    icebreaker p
    When we fight against this drug we have a lot of negative reinforcement. It's a factor. But for me positive reinforcement is much more important to effectivly change behavior. I think the addiction lives on negative emotions, that's the thing.
    Mar 17, 2022
    ThinkSmarter likes this.
  4. icebreaker p
    icebreaker p
    But it could help to make room also for the negative feelings like disgust and guilt, which are already there.
    On the other hand, as an addict I don't always surpress feelings. Sometimes I let it out, but that doesn't change anything. There need to be more than just regret and tears. Otherwise it's just part of the circle
    Mar 17, 2022
    ThinkSmarter likes this.
  5. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    reframing something through the lens of belief does help a great deal of users in recovery not just on this site but other addiction programs as well. believing in something bigger than yourself to help strengthen resolve
    Mar 17, 2022
    icebreaker p likes this.
  6. icebreaker p
    icebreaker p
    I'm working on that one ... :-D
    Mar 17, 2022
    Whispers likes this.