1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Gabriel Knight 2.0

1. hiimbubbles
    hiimbubbles
    Haha i noticed that aswell xD thank you !
    Mar 2, 2024
  2. Gabriel Knight 2.0
    Gabriel Knight 2.0
    I saw you are doing programming stuff, maybe you can give me your opinion, what are your thoughts regarding starting from linux and python doing sys admin stuff as a entry point in IT career, or you would suggest some other route?
    Mar 3, 2024
    hiimbubbles likes this.
  3. hiimbubbles
    hiimbubbles
    What area of system administration interests you? Because you can be a more general sysadmin or a highly specialized one. You are going to want to learn about Azure and AWS as those are the popular cloud based services. The way I would probably go about this is I would pick something like Azure and I would learn everything I could about it and cloud computing and I would go for a job in cloud security.
    Mar 3, 2024
    Ank07 and Gabriel Knight 2.0 like this.
  4. hiimbubbles
    hiimbubbles
    That way you know exactly what you are going after the clearer you can get about what you want to do the easier of a time you are going to have (compaines have been moving away from cloud recently and back to on site services but my point is more hypothetical so we are going to ignore that for now)
    Mar 3, 2024
  5. hiimbubbles
    hiimbubbles
    DNS/DHCP/ networking in general. I.E. forward and reverse lookups, the difference between public/private IP ranges, etc.

There is ALOT

Learn Python first and try to get some understanding of computer science Harvard has a really good video series on youtube thay will teach you alot of the basics. Look for CS50 Introduction To Computer Science on google
    Mar 3, 2024
  6. Gabriel Knight 2.0
    Gabriel Knight 2.0
    Great info, thank you, i am going to write these points down. I am looking something to hop on to IT, so i am not in area of specialization yet(but when the time comes :))
    It is more than enough info, to get me started.
    Thank you!
    Mar 3, 2024
    Heypleasehelpme and hiimbubbles like this.
  7. Gabriel Knight 2.0
    Gabriel Knight 2.0
    If you need any help about forum ui, or anything else in my scope of knowledge, feel free to dm me.
    Cheers!
    Mar 3, 2024
    Heypleasehelpme likes this.
  8. hiimbubbles
    hiimbubbles
    Sure happy to help :)
    Mar 3, 2024