1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

2017 has been the worst, lonliest year of a bad life

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by risefromashes, Dec 6, 2017.

1. risefromashes

risefromashes Fapstronaut

Back in 2016 was when i first got into self improvement after years of wondering what was "wrong" with me and not getting any answers, i finally found useful information online. And while 2016 wasnt amazing, i did make progress and improvement.

Then the end of the year hit...

My job of 5 years which was a comfort zone to me closed down suddenly..

In my panic i decided to go back to college (something i was wanting to do but a bit further down the line) and i signed up to a degree that wasnt really in line with my passion.

Then suddenly i lost my really good flat because the landlord sold up. I ended up moving in with my friend and his girlfriend in a rough area and was persuaded to sign a 12 month lease with them...

The start of the year was ok, but then i got cleaned out financially due to not being able to find a job that worked with my studies. Also at this time (mid year) i struggled with health issues as i got the flu, which turned into glandualr fever and then vestibular neuritis which is a balance disorder causing chronic dizziness and fatigue (this has effected me badly for 6 months and is only now i THINK starting to clear up)

Also at the start of this sickness a girl i REALLY liked i ended up making out with a bunch and we had a really good night where she slept over, only for her to go cold the next day, which just crushed me as i thought finally i was going to be dating someone i really liked. This lead to me getting very depressed for a couple of months and i lost friends during this time as i was acting weird. This hit me HARD, because of the come down from false hope. It took months to get over and im still not 100%

I kept holding onto foolish hope for months after this with her and we got back to being "friends" until recently when i realized i had to move on as i was just a friendzoned loser now and not even a real friend like before (we never even hang out now its all just messages)

I also dropped out of college due to all this stress and had to get a full time job just to get some money in, which is just a wage slave job.

I guess im just rambling but as the year is coming to an end, last night my laptop broke and i ended up going to sleep at 8.50pm because i was like there is nothing i enjoy, i don't have any hope left right now and i cant even distract myself with gaming.

I hope i can get it together next year because this year has just been L after L after L

EyesToSeeEarsToHear likes this.
  2. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Yikes. Tough year bro, to say the least. Look. If you want company, feel free to PM me and i'll reply when i see it :D Other than that, as much as i might want to, there is nothing i can really do. If you believe in god, why not try to delve in religion? That works for most! Just stay strong man.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. I think you're a hero. No matter what happens on the outside, you can always be a hero on the inside.

4. Adversity makes us stronger.

5. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

EyesToSeeEarsToHear Fapstronaut

Brother, that's no joke.
    Yes. False hope. Preach it man. It is the worst enemy.

Hope is real. But the real stuff is inside us. No friend, gf, neighbor or even parent can motivate us like a sober look at our own lives.

We are all unique. Alone. You know this better than most.

In the SAME way. We are all similar. Connected.

This paradox is our life. We're all going through this mind changing life.

We're all being humbled in pain and joy.

You're a heavenly man
    With heavenly sight
    Bless your beautiful soul

6. RecoveringFapaholic

RecoveringFapaholic Fapstronaut

If 2017 was the worst, loneliest year of your life, then make 2018 the best year of your life. All the people you look up to have struggled before. Nearly all successful athletes, actors, musicians, and entrepreneurs have failed countless times. If there is any hobby, career, or business you'd like to start, start it now. Now is the time for you to bet all your chips. You have nothing to lose. Failures and setbacks are the prerequisites to success.

Antoniak Adrian likes this.