32, making room for real life

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Fighter5, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Fighter5

Fighter5 New Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

i'm so glad this group exists. I'm 32, married. For a long time I've had PIED that really dissatisfied me. I probably started PMO around 15. I did actually stop for a few years minus a few relapses for religious reasons, but I abandoned that too when I left religion. It was tough breaking the addiction then. I flatlined for probably a month or two with bad anxiety, difficulty concentrating, excess energy. In the end, it was worth it since it helped me focus on real life.

Well, now I'm back, both to solve the PIED and because I don't want to live through a computer. I'm expecting the next few months at least to be trying and have set backs, but it's worth it. I quit Facebook a few months ago for similar reasons (makes me dissatisfied, focus on real life) and it was so worth it.

The real challenge for me will be breaking P since it's so easily accessible, so I'll be looking for tips to keep myself away from it.

Here's to living for real.

2. Hi
    Glad you are here. And very welcome to join us in our journey to a healthy, fulfilling life without any self harming habits.

It's a safe place here. We all are in the same boat, so there is no single space for judgement here.
    Maybe it's a good idea to keep a journal. Sharing your struggles, thoughts and feelings may help you to understand the underlying issues.

Keep coming back and get the most effort out of nofap!
    You don't need to do it alone!

Let's go to work!

3. Protagoras

Protagoras Fapstronaut

Welcome. HERE are some things helping me.