36 now, been faping for more than 20 years

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by HopeFaith, Oct 18, 2015.

1. HopeFaith

HopeFaith Fapstronaut

Scary to think how long I have been doing it and even scarier is that every time I try to stop I start thinking of it like mad. Even now ......is there any reading material here or coping strategies? I have seen them here before few months ago but now I can not see them. How do u stop yourself? I find it to difficult to say no to myself. Is this where my life has gone and what my life has been spent on? I am isolated and do not mix with people well. I cannot enjoy myself with a mam and in the past always had to finnish of myself in the secret. Can this all change for better?

2. Ms Disciplined

Ms Disciplined Fapstronaut

It's not scary , I have been masturbating since I was 3 I'm 31 now, welcome

3. HopeFaith

HopeFaith Fapstronaut

3 years of age?????? That is early. How did you know? Were you abused? I did not know about sex until i started feeling honey with my hormones rocking during puberty. I do not think one can have the urges before the hormonal changes take place?

4. asfixiated

asfixiated Fapstronaut

It's important to not let yourself be afraid! The recovery process is possible after any amount of time - don't think of yourself as "more" or "less" addicted. No such thing!

Negative thoughts and fear that don't lead you to a solution are best ignored!

Welcome to NoFap. You can do it! We're here to help.

HopeFaith likes this.
  5. Ms Disciplined

Apparently you can, find out about kids M-ing, and I remember very well because I was in nursery and I do remember I used to put my hand in my underwear but I never wanted anyone to know, so the day one child found out I started restricting it to the house , I would hide to do it, behind chairs , and my younger brother would come I say I caught you, I didn't know what it was called until I was 16 or 17 so yes I started pretty early it basically is just kids playing with their privates because they derive some pleasure and guess what it an addiction when they are adults . Check up on it

6. Ms Disciplined

7. TemporaryUsername3892

TemporaryUsername3892 Fapstronaut

8. Ms Disciplined

Thanks @goodlookingloser always looking out

9. HopeFaith

HopeFaith Fapstronaut

Thank you. I am a woman that after many partners when I was young decided not to sleep around any more as I never could let myself go or was too embarrassed to really try. Maybe because I got used to faping first. After a while I have to admit I kind of looked down at man who just wanted to have sex with women without any commitment and felt they were more like animals than people. Also those addicted to masturbation were week in my eyes. Somehow because I would not do it often I thought I was different and I was ok. Now I know I am the same as all the other people who have a problem. It is so great to be able to come out and openly talk about my difficulty. I could have never mentioned it to any of my friends in real life.

yousuff likes this.
  10. HopeFaith

HopeFaith Fapstronaut

Thank you this is good too:) Reading it now.

11. Welcome!
    Yes, all this can change for better. You already made the first steps by joining Nofap.

HopeFaith likes this.
  12. HopeFaith

HopeFaith Fapstronaut

I did not know one can start to masturbate this early but I remember playing a doctor with my cousin as a little kid so maybe this is similar. So How are you doing with this NoFap? My first day today and I can only compare it to being on the diet. Before I decided to quit I could not do it for a month, but now knowing I want to stop makes me simply obsessed with it. Is this helping u? It is nice to know there are so many people in the same boat and helping each other. It is even better to read all the success stories. I so much want to be one of them.

13. Ms Disciplined

Up until 29 it was back n forth with quitting , then I realized I was turning 30 and wanted to climb next step of achievement in life and to be a leader, anything that controls you will bring you down eventually, I realized that was it plus religious/ spiritual reasons as well! So I did good after turning 30 but I could count how many times I M-Ed after turning 30 , it was progress then I suffered rejection early this year wch led to an affair out of desperation and I discovered orgasm in a way I never new existed, since that relationship didn't work out as it was rebound I found solace in PMO it started gradually then by July it was back to back like 5 times in a few mins and then if I came accidentally came in contact with nude pics that was enough same in September but my end of September I was done with the mess and had to get back to my senses, after learning that successful people know bad habits set them back... Also at the end of everything when I can proudly say I have done well I want to use my story to help people I want to be able to say this story as embarrassing as it is to anyone who is willing to take that step to a better PMO free life and this is my stepping stone as well as online PMO rehab!

yousuff likes this.