1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

7 year smoking addiction

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lukas99, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Lukas99

Lukas99 Fapstronaut

Guys I just want to share with you how I stopped my 7 year smoking addiction. And how I will implement those features to stop flapping for good.

Smoking felt like a part of me life, same as mastirbating, something you're missing out and can't go without.

Daily cravings and thoughts to do it. Started when I was about 9, stopped at about 16-17 I'm 18 now.

Main reason to stop was money, and health. Reason to stop fapping, is to gain confidence and creativity and have more energy and enjoyment in life.

I stopped and knew that if I start again, I will just dissapoint my self. Going on for so long, fighting and fighting making promises to not only myself but others. Stopped with nicorete, but that still has nicotine. So I still had to go cold turkey, and even after weeks I felt cravings, every morning having a coffee reminded of a cigarette it was horrible. But one thing I remembered, is that even if I feel like I'm missing out on it, and a part of me is gone. It will go away eventually, and it sort of did. Still get small craves there and there, but I didn't turn back to it, even if my friends smoke.

So just think of the benefit when you try to stop an addiction that is harmful, and just don't dissapoint your self.

I know this is sort of out of context or might have no reason to exist as a thread but, I wanted to share this story with you all.
    Thank you.

2. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Congrats on quitting!

How’d you get cigarettes on a regular basis when you were 9 or 10 years old?

Lukas99 likes this.
  3. Lukas99

Lukas99 Fapstronaut

Mainly friends, it weren't a Daily thing at first