1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

90+ - it's not about PMO, it's about everything else

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Awedouble, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

I actually went into this in more detail in a reply to the thread on what people are willing to do, but I just wanted to mention here that what I'm finding to be long term is really this very simple principle of not turning away from the challenges in life.

Challenges people post on NF is sort of like laboratory studies, and of course people can benefit if they are participating in a scientific study, but at the end of the day we have to go out into the real world and our lives, and that involves a whole lot of things that most people won't post about or be able to go into enough details about.

So PMO and quitting it is *included* in all of that, and I don't mean to say it isn't a big deal, it is. It may be key for your life, and it may be that for a long time - you can't say when someone will kind of make that transition. But part of what I want to say here is it stops being the center at some point. Your life may be better, but you may also have other challenges that has nothing to do with it. But for me being clear about that I understand it isn't that it doesn't help, but I have other stuff going on that makes things stressful so even if things are worse in that sense I'm actually now able to deal with it without resorting to that habit. It is just not something I'm considering.

If there's something I want to leave with people is you can start looking at the big picture of your life at any time. Maybe you need to focus on being clean from this addiction for now, but it isn't like you put other things on hold - in fact you'll probably do much better if you do both.

TB4, Klenton, recon117 and 7 others like this.
  2. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

Yes, most things is abouth facing your challenges in life.

be Dane likes this.