1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A new hope - nofap

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Sefz33, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Sefz33

Sefz33 Fapstronaut

Hi, my name is Joe or you can call me sefz, and I want to beat this PMO addiction once and for all! Its been a painful journey so far, going good for a few days or maybe even weeks without PMO, and then BANG! You shot yourself again joe and comes with it, is well, you know, shame, guilt, sadness, depression and just complete utter disappointment. I grew up as a Christian, which makes it even worse (for me) and the first time I PMOed was when I was 16 years old, I managed to break into my cousins closet and found a suitcase full of dirty magazines and off went my racehorses. Ever since then, I just couldnt stop. Even through my first to my most recent job, I was 'on it' before work and after work, I developed a really disgusting habit, even through my university days I would just get stressed and just nut off in my private time when I get the chance. During university I used to drink and party a lot, and when I get a hangover, I usually just PMO and nut off just to cure it, maybe 3 or 4 times. Even after clubbing I would PMO before I konked out (mind my slangs, Im a Kiwi). I remember many times I used to PMO before or after attending church SMH. My longest streak without PMO is two months, two measly months and got hooked again. I am now 31 years old, and still fighting this neverending battle, but this time I will do WHATEVER is necessary to end this war against PMO/sin of lust and to finally be set free. So I hope that this NoFap and community can help me achieve this goal. We got to work together, we just can't do it alone you know or maybe I just realized that now :). Take care all. God Bless.

Committed to One likes this.
  2. Welcome Sefz! You are in the right place for support in your journey to kick the addiction of PMO. It is rarely if ever accomplish alone and also very rarely a one-&-done straight line to pure success.
    We live in fallen flesh and this side of the grave we will forever be in the battle. That said, we can and are called to stay in the fight and keep going even if we fail occasionally. You are a mighty warrior and have shown up ready to engage in a long a difficult fight to reclaim your sanity and self-control. You can do this! You are also human so you won't do it perfectly.
    A big part of this is learning how to be truly kind to ourselves and to not allow the shame of our past or current mistakes keep us in a downward spiral. There is support here and grace from above to help. I wish you the best in the journey.

Sefz33 likes this.
  3. Welcome. Your story is familiar to me and undoubtedly to others as well. I've only been here a short time, but there has already been an amazing amount of support. Be well.

Sefz33 likes this.
  4. Sefz33

Sefz33 Fapstronaut

Mind my late reply, I've just been reading a lot of other posts, haven't slept. So glad I found this site. And thanks for the support.

5. Welcome Stranger!

Sefz33 likes this.