1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Perspective

A group of agnostic and atheist fapstronauts to get come together chat about recovery.

1. Empyrean'96

Empyrean'96 Fapstronaut

Hey all,
    I grew up Catholic and eventually was an atheist for a few years. Then I started looking into Eastern traditions and found a lot of interesting ideas there. About a year ago I started watching the videos of a psychology professor from Canada named Jordan Peterson. He articulated the Biblical stories and their significance in a way that I had never heard it done before. He also managed to do this through a scientific/psychological/Darwinian perspective that I found to be absolutely mind blowing. He was influenced a lot by the works of Friedrich Nietzsche and Carl Jung among others. I think he is the perfect person to engage people into religion/mythology who are more scientifically minded and skeptical of the potential value and nature of religious stories. I say this not to try to get anyone here to believe anything in particular, but to provide people who are genuinely interested in these questions to consider the wisdom that may lie at the bottom of these stories. He has certainly been an unbelievably positive force in my life and a continued source of motivation in improving my life by quitting PMO. If you're interested and open to consider a new perspective you may not have heard, check him out. Is anyone else familiar with any of his work? I find him to be the most profound thinker on religion I've ever heard.

2. Well I think religions have some good concepts about them but not all.For example most religions value discipline.Also meditation is a good habit .They had their use in the past(giving people explanations about word) although most religions are there to control people.You mentioned that you are researching eastern religion,what thing interest you the most about them?