A Success Story (Kinda)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by AsItComes, Feb 8, 2023.

1. AsItComes

AsItComes Fapstronaut

If we were to compare the me when I started to the actual me, this definitely is a success story.

Then why add the Kinda? Because I’m not where I want to be yet, I’m still going through PAWS.

Background: 23M, got addicted very young, I would do it 2 times a day, at 20 I learned about NoFap and I’ve been at this ever since.
    I stopped counting days because it felt like that was the only thing that mattered, now I’m experiencing every day and not worrying about the progress.

A couple of months ago I passed a critical point, one that I stumbled upon many times and always relapsed, this time I pulled through (it was tough) but ever since things got better (I still have bad days like we all do).

I went from a depressed individual who hated life to someone who enjoys it and has the desire to do more.

I managed to quit smoking, drugs, finished a college in Cybernetics and recently got a job.

Was it all because of NoFap? probably not, but that was the starting point, you still need to do the work, your life wont magically change if you dont PMO, but it might give you the energy to do it.

I wish you all good luck in what you wish to achieve.

Pauley, Mr. Monk, Dr.J_76ers and 5 others like this.
  2. PrinceDaniel

PrinceDaniel Fapstronaut

I believe the advice you are giving is quite underrated, especially on this forum. I have read a lot about the so-called NoFap superpowers. I read a lot of messages like: ‘I am on day 90 and nothing changed’. NoFap will help you get to the next level, but without a clear goal, hard work and dedicating nothing will happen. Thank you how sharing your story. ❤️

Rhuidean, again and AsItComes like this.
  3. I like your honesty. And to me your story does sound like a succes story. You may not have achieved everything, but if you made significant progress that is the most important thing. You are still young, and you have the motivation to improve, which is the most important thing.

I have not come so far as other people here, but I think what you mention about doing the work and not just think you'll be cured magically is very important.

AsItComes and again like this.

4. I appreciate the success. The only thing that I am dreading in life right now is my energy level and confidence. I remember when I was 16-18 I could do it twice a day no problem and the weird thing was I wouldn’t feel anxiety from it when I was younger. It’s like as I got older the anxiety would grow after along with the depression.

I want to be successful at something out side of work. Would love to pursue some hobbie success.

5. AsItComes

AsItComes Fapstronaut

I know what you mean with both things. My energy varies a lot, some days there isn’t much of it, also the confidence isn’t what it used to be, I don’t even know why I was so confident before, maybe ignorance.

As for the second part, I recommend Atomic Habits, the essence of the book is pretty useful, I think it would help you build a successful hobby.