abandoned by my mother.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by makethatchange, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Is there anyone else who had suffered this empty lonely lack of love from there mother?
    I feel so alone on this, on the outside looking on my life is great, I have a beautiful caring wife whom is pregnant, 2 loyal little dogs, a steady job and a roof over my head with now for the first time in my life no money worries, also my father loves me aswel as my sister but has suffered from depression all his adult life even trying to commit suicide when I was 10, I'm now 31.

But this thread is not about him it's about the lack of love from a women figure throughout my childhood, If anyone else has suffered the same fate please, please get in touch as I need to know I'm not alone and there is someone else in the same boat as me,
    I don't want sympathy from people who don't know how if feels I just want some that can relate with me so together we can win this war on PMO.

MsPants likes this.
  2. ILoathePwife

ILoathePwife Fapstronaut

I'm sorry you had to go through that. I wasn't given up by my mother, but my mother was. It has definitely affected her. And someone else very close to me was abandoned by his father. That has had effects as well. So while I haven't gone through it myself, I've seen what it can do to loved ones. I highly recommend therapy to help you work through your feelings. EMDR therapy is something that helped me immensely with trauma.

MsPants and makethatchange like this.
  3. Thanks for dropping by seems like me and your mum have something in common which is quite rare as a mother gives birth and there is supposedto be an unbreakable bound which have not felt, I didnt have any female role model either my father married again but she devorced him a year later and has never had a relationship since, I was 10 when this happend, thanks so much for the suggestion of the EMDR theorpy I shall (look) into it :)

4. iceman40

iceman40 Fapstronaut

I read your story and it sounds that. It's also something that happened in the past and you have no control over it. Some of my favorite motivational speakers came from broken homes. Tony Robbins who did not know his father. Wayne Dyer was an orphan. And I happen to come across Steve Jobs history and I copied the link in the story for you to read. It's hard what happens to us we were growing up and all the rest of the kids have stuff that you don't. And we tend to keep that feelings and carry it for years and years. I can't tell you how to fix a problem because each of us must walk our own peaceful journey. It took me many years to deal with my history and upbringing. I wish you the best.

"Steve Jobs is the biological son of Abdulfattah "John" Jandali, a Syrian Muslim, and Joanne Carole Schieble from Wisconsin. The couple met while Jandali was studying at the University of Wisconsin, and she became pregnant after spending the summer with him and his family in Homs, Syria. Tragically, Schieble's father could not accept the idea of his daughter marrying a Muslim and forbade the relationship. Without telling Janaldi, Schieble moved to San Francisco where she gave birth and put Jobs up for adoption. The adoption didn't go smoothly, as Schieble was initially determined that the child would be adopted by a wealthy and well-educated couple. When he was placed with the working class Paul and Clara Jobs, Schieble refused to sign the adoption papers until they promised he would go to university. Schieble and Jandali later married and had a second child, Jobs' biological sister."

Read More: http://www.nickiswift.com/4265/celebs-abandoned-families/?utm_campaign=clip

makethatchange likes this.
  5. MrBigA

MrBigA Fapstronaut

I never had it with my mother... but my father fucked off when I was about 7, i can count on one hand the number of times i saw him in between then and when i was 16, the year he died. These events had significant and profound effect on my childhood and growing up and still later on, I guess still today.... I basically blamed him for absolutely everything when I was growing up, in that kind of confused little boy/teenage way....

I made peace with him 10 years after his funeral. I eventually felt like i could actually visit his grave... something i never felt that I could do before. I hand wrote him a note saying all the things I wanted to say to him and left it there... it was a really cathartic moment in my life.

makethatchange likes this.