1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

After 4 years of solo battling, I finally decided to join NoFap. Let's be free!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by sparky96, Nov 17, 2019.

1. sparky96

sparky96 Fapstronaut

First of all

Hi to everyone reading this thread. I'm new to NoFap and thought I should present myself, so here we go.

Who am I?
    I am 23 years old and I live in Spain (so not native English xd). I'm catholic, and right now I am still a seminarian (someone who is preparing to be a priest), although I'm working as an electrician (life is complicated xd). I like meeting up with friends, reading good books, DIYing, biking...

My history
    I fell into PM when I was 16, started it just for curiosity, but soon it became an addiction. Discerning with a priest, I felt called to priesthood, and promised myself I would stop PM before entering the Seminar. I entered into the Seminar with 18 years old, but didn't stop my addiction.

During my third year as a seminarian, I fully confessed my addiction for the first time to the preacher of the spiritual exercises. It was the first time in my life I told about it to someone. I felt truly forgiven and it was then when I really discovered the love of God, and what had PM done to my life: it made me slave and live incoherently with my life choice.

I decided I wanted to quit PM forever and tried hardly by myself. Four years before isn't an addiction anymore, but I still keep falling into it every few weeks. Right now I'm in a stage of redefining my life (not living in the Seminar anymore, although I'm still considered one of them), trying to find who I am. Today morning I fell again and spent all the day thinking about it. I've resulted to cut out PM forever and after knowing NoFap since few years ago, finally I decided to join NoFap!

Why do I want to overcome PM?
    Because I want to be really free and also think that sin hurts myself, people around me and God. PM also affects myself emotionally.

Which are my triggers?

• Feeling lonely or tired
    • Dreaming/imagination

How am I going to do it?
    • Talking with my spiritual director.
    • Praying every day.
    • Joining NoFap challenges and groups and tracking my progress trough a NoFap journal.

Let's be free!
    Thanks for spending your time reading this introduction!

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Welcome Brethren!!!! Its never too late to make a change in your life and joining this network was only the beginning. Wishing you the best of luck in all your endeavors.

sparky96 likes this.
  3. Welcome, sparky. Your resolve is impressive. Wishing you lots of strength and profound results on this journey.

sparky96 likes this.
  4. Hello and welcome! :)

We are glad to have you as a part of our community. Here are some quick links to get you started.

Getting Started Guide | How to Use the NoFap Forums | Panic Button | Day Counter | Rebooting Resources | Forum Rules | Glossary

If you wish to keep a journal of your progress you can do so in the appropriate section found here

You can also take part in one of the many challenges available. It can be a tremendous help. Challenges

Also, there are groups you can also join if you wish to do so. You can browse through them here. Groups

There are plenty of wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable people here to help you along on your journey to a life free of PMO. I wish you nothing but the best!

sparky96 and swordsman163 like this.