1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anger Impulses

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Chris Kross, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Chris Kross

Chris Kross Fapstronaut

Greeting, fellow humans.

I've encountered a problem during last 2 months of my lonely life (I live alone and mostly don't talk to people except when at work). It's difficult for me to communicate with people but work is work.
    I'm an impulsive person (who appears to be calm for people because I hide emotions) and sometimes I can be very angry: I can hit and break things, scream out loud - crazy as a man can be. Physical exercises help me to stabilize my thoughts (I train 5-6 days a week) and PM (it's a shame but it's the truth for now). And before it was almost alright but in the last two months impulses became stronger and they happen more often.

I'm still training but it's not that helping anymore. Maybe I can get some advise.

P.S. Was PMOing about once a week or so.
    [​IMG]

greenishmoon likes this.
  2. You_ll_succed_for_sure

You_ll_succed_for_sure Fapstronaut

Hello,

Try to love people, by appreciating them, forgiving their errors, it will greatly help you.

3. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

There are three good practical ways to overcome those anger impulses (at least momentarily) since they all slow your bodily functions and mind down a great deal:

-Meditation where you focus entirely on your breathing for a few minutes, just being present in the moment. Example: Inhale slowly through your nose while telling yourself "I am", followed by exhalation through your nose as well, telling yourself "Here and now". Do this at least twenty times and you will feel how a sense of calm and presence overwhelms you as your blood-flow and bodily functions slow down.

-Ice baths and ice-showers really slows down your body and forces you to focus on your breathing in order to get through it. Plus, it increases your circulation a whole lot and makes you more resistant to cold and infections since it also boosts your immune-system.

-Intermittent fasting and fasting overall really clarifies your mind as it slows your body and all its functions down. You will climb on the walls for the first week or so but as you get used to eat two times a day and only during an 8-9 hour window, you allow your body to get rid off free radicals, toxins and waste-products and the more waste that's out of your system, the better will your body and mind perform.

4. Like Angus said, I would definitely recommend meditation! It has helped me immensely in dealing with anger. I used to be a very impulsive person and I always feared what would happen if i lost control. One day, something happened between a girl and me that almost caused me to fly into a fit of rage. I had never felt that much pain before. That pain quickly transformed into rage as a deference mechanism and I went into fight or flight mode getting ready to lash out. Thankfully, I calmed myself down through everything I learned during meditation. I just went up to my room and spent 30 minutes calming down my breathing.

I would also recommend understanding why you are angry. Again, meditation will help with that but you can also read books. There's a good chance you are also angry at yourself and you are sexualising that anger(seeing as you are here). Don't try to calm yourself down forcibly(eg PMO) and don't beat yourself up for feeling angry. Treat your anger as your angry friend. One thing that NEVER calms an angry person is forcibly telling them to "Calm down". Accept your anger, embrace it but dont let it consume you and control your actions. Just..understand it and let it run its course.

I know it may not feel like it right now but thats what worked for me and hopefully it will for you as well. You can always message me if you need more help

need4realchg likes this.