1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

are we okay being alone in our 40s

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by lwyrup, Sep 30, 2020.

1. lwyrup

lwyrup Fapstronaut

hi,
    I'm 18 years old and my parents are in their 40s. it's been roughly two years since they last slept together. they barely talk to each other and whenever they do it ends up in a fight. but that's not the problem. the problem is that they seem to be perfectly fine with it. they live as though nothing is wrong. I mean no anxiety, no depression. something should show, right? but they do just fine going about, minding their own business. that brings me to question the existence of love. is love just a trivia we feel in our teens and our 30s? is it really just advertisement bullshit we've been fed for so long to know the difference? is love a necessary factor in our lives like they say it is?
    also, it must be obvious that they haven't had sex in a very long time. I've also read somewhere that sex hormone production decreases during middle age. that brings me to another question. sex not all about love, but is love all about sex? is love something that disappears along with your hormones? I feel like real shit to talk about my parents' private life like this but this is the only place I can do so. please share your views.
    NB: feel free to call me anything you want in the following threads. I, for one, think that I'm a sadistic fuck.

Devank Pandey likes this.
  2. My parents have been married over 50 years and have hardly talked to each other for over twenty. They sleep in different rooms, use different bathrooms, and even go to the same places in different automobiles.

Before that they fought all the time. They’re mainly together still due to religion and convenience.

Their relationship has been strained as long as I can remember and I’m 53yo.

It’s my observation their situation is not unique.

lwyrup likes this.
  3. I’d rather stay single the rest of my life than end up in that kind of a situation!

lwyrup likes this.