1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Armor Against P

For Fapstronauts of the Protestant Christian faith.

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

When we pray: “Father, take away this spirit of lust and help me to increase in love,” we are fighting against addiction. But when we develop the habit of praying this prayer several times a day we are putting on an important piece of armor. Consider using notes, alarms, or help from an accountability partner to make this habit a solid piece of armor for you.

Second, when we focus on new activities to distract us, we are fighting against addiction. Then, when we focus on new activities daily we increase our progress. When we make some of these new activities positive addictions we are putting on an important piece of armor.

Third, when we practice daily Bible reading we are fighting against addiction. But when we use specific verses to grow as Christians we are putting on an important piece of armor. For example, your anger keeps you frustrated and addiction strikes often because of it. To fight back do a Google search on verses about anger, or... fill in the blank with the issue that keeps sinking you. Use the Bible to fight specific things and increase the strength of your armor.

Fourth, when we pray we are fighting against addiction. But when we pray about exactly what God wants we are putting on an important piece of armor.

Consider praying about doing His will, increasing in love, cleaning up thoughts, increasing in obedience, or other unselfish things.

This week I am working on praying about increasing in love. Doing that increases the “Spirit” in me. Working on the gifts of the Spirit is a powerful way to put on thicker armor.

Lastly, have organized what you need to know to find success. I don't know exactly which of the last 50 articles you need to dwell on to make it. I don't know exactly when you need to reread something in order to make it. But if you become an expert at finding what you need, when you need it, you will make it.

Copy and paste links or addresses of articles that work for you. Then organize them in a Google file, noting when you need to access them.

Reading articles from this site is fighting against addiction. But, knowing which articles you will need, and knowing exactly when you will need them is putting on a thick piece of armor.

Keli likes this.
  2. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Ephesians 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.”

I am adding this to the verses I meditate on.

My dad believed the Bible. Because of his strong faith, he lived a good productive life.

Romans 10:17 “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”

My dad read a chapter in the New Testament, and a chapter in the Old Testament every day. He almost never explained a verse away. He believed the verses as written.

Read the Bible, listen to it on CD in your car, listen on YouTube, memorize, meditate, and pray over it. Why? Because the 1st verse says above all.

James 1:22-24 (NKJV) offers a second way to increase your faith: But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

Many read articles at NoFap. Less people are doers of what the articles say. Consider becoming a fanatic doer of what the articles say, becoming a fanatic doer of what the Bible says to do.

Last, find Christians who are doers of the Word. Spend time with them, eat with them, and find out if being a doer of the Word really brings joy (it does).

I was, and am convinced of Christianities's truth to the highest degree. This faith started me down a path to where it was possible to quench the fiery darts of the wicked.

3. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 ESV
    For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ.”

Our Weapons

Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;”

Truth: It is vital to read key Bible verses and believe them as written. Read each verse as truth. Reading the Bible in truth allows the Holy Spirit to change you.

Meditate on key truths. Consider praying: “Holy Spirit, help me to understand Your truth in the scriptures.”

Righteousness

Going to war with sin is a powerful Spiritual weapon. Praying about turning from lust is vital preparation for the battle.

Consider praying: “Father, help me to run from lust, and show me how to put on Your armor.

Study spiritual armor, then put it on. Be ready for the fight.

4. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Faith is belief. Believe that your joy will increase as you win the war against sin. Believe that spending a block of time in prayer will be the highlight of your day. Believe that strictly following the Bible leads to a great life. Believe 1 Timothy 6:6 Godliness with contentment is great gain." Believe the Bible when it states that “that true Christians have love for one another.”

Lifehopeandtruth.com wrote that we should “Put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.”

This passage describes a total transformation of one’s life. That involves leaving our old sinful ways of thinking and acting and instead living an entirely new way of life—a way of life defined by “righteousness and holiness.”

True Christianity is not just professing belief in Jesus or being a member in a church—it is an entire transformation of our mind and conduct (Romans 12:2). It is striving to follow and imitate Jesus Christ’s example in every aspect of life.”

Today, pick two ways that you can transform your life. Pray and think about these things often today. If you need ideas, pray and think about Godliness, contentment, or, increasing in love. Transformation should be a daily event since it beats back temptation. Consider trying to work on something every day.

5. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Praying always is an important piece of the armor of God. Praying without ceasing means we pray often, and repeatedly.
    But, our prayer must be thoughtful. If we are always praying: “Father, take away this spirit of lust and fill me with Your love” we need to see that we are making “some progress.” For example, Jonny prays this prayer all the time, but he is not very good at “Turning from lust.” So in this case he should first pray, “Father, help me to turn instantly from lust.” He should be planning and thinking about turning. He should read and memorize articles about turning. He should consider praying this prayer often until he has made it a habit to turn from lust.
    Second, I was always intimidated by the “Pray without ceasing” quote from the Bible. But nobody else is doing it perfectly, me neither. But we can all do better, and our lives will be better if we pray more.

Third, it is important to make progress on “some” sin with prayer. While we should pray always to fight lust, if it is a deep rooted sin, quick progress through prayer will be hard. So, at the same time go to war with some other sin like anger, covetousness, or pride. For me, pride runs in my family, but when I attack it with prayer, it starts to disappear. It is encouraging to see some success in some ways.

Fourth, pray about kindness, teachability, hope, courage, love, helping others, being a Christian with a good witness, purity, and obedience. Then confess your sins. Then practice praising the Lord, and giving thanks aways. Then pray for wisdom and direction. Then pray that God's will be done (often).

Fifth, learning to pray about a bunch of things starts to help you stop thinking about lust all the time. Feel free to print this out (or any of my articles on prayer).
    Sixth, if a lustful thought starts, say, "Help me Lord," then start praying about one of these things.

Finally, pray about everything. My dad did that and then he accepted that God knew what was best for him, and he always kept his joy. Secrets to happiness.

For the full article click.

6. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

A top ten habit for quitting is to analyze what to work on today. Firstly, if something is way out of whack like anger, work on that. Pound it out with Bible verses on anger (Verses anger).

Second, the Bible says: “Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.” I think I will memorize this verse in a couple of versions. Consider using this verse in your fight to start thinking right.

Third, the armor of God is truth, righteousness, peace, faith, salvation, and the sword of the Spirit (The Bible). Which of these do you need to work on today?

Fourth, I think the wrong way more than I should. Based on this article I have a lot of things I should be thinking about.

Finally, I will be printing out this article. I don't think about these things enough. I don't start my day or reboot my day by focusing on these things enough. I need to make it a habit to analyze what to work on today. That's what I plan to do every day from now on.