1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Beat the addiction, not the meat!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by evlampi, Aug 6, 2018.

1. evlampi

evlampi New Fapstronaut

Hello everyone, happy to join the community!

My story is similar to almost 90% of the people here (or at least of what I've read so far), so I'll try to keep it short - started M in my early teens (ever since I got one of my first boners, I think), then some years passed and I got high speed internet at home - the best and worst thing in my life :D. The rest is history - 2-3 times a day, almost every day and it's like that for years. I came across Gavin McInnes' #NoWanks movement and some of his videos on the topic (which actually is inspired by this community and forum, I think) and I decided to give it a try, even created a notepad counter for the days on my phone. For about 6 months, I got two 6-day streaks, one 5-day one, a couple of 4-days and the rest was a cycle of 2 to 3 days without PMO, then relapsing. I gave up until last week, when me and a longtime friend of mine got together as a couple, tried to have sex and guess what... error 404 below the waist, the shame was overwhelming and it still is. Today is my third time in which I got to day 6 and I have no urges so far, I don't want to disappoint my girl anymore. Trouble is, I have to tell her of my addiction and I fear if she dumps me because of that (which will not be the end of the world, but still it's not a pleasant option) I might spiral downwards once again and I can't afford to be a jacking off zombie who can't accomplish anything in his life. I've been reading posts on this forum for the past week and I feel really motivated by you guys, so I decided to make an account and write a thing or two when I get an urge (like 5 minutes ago for example).

Well, it wasn't a short post after all, but I want to say to all of you, no matter if you're on day 1 or day 681 - stay strong and keep fighting, we're all better than this!:emoji_trophy::emoji_lifter::emoji_medal:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  2. gymasian

gymasian Fapstronaut

Love the motto broski, beat the addiction and not the meat! Hope things turn out well for you and your girl bro, I'm new here too.

evlampi likes this.
  3. hardowner

hardowner Fapstronaut

Welcome to the community. PIED has prevented me from enjoying sex every time I had. Only pills can do something, but it feels so abnormal, like your mouth after a dentist injection. I've decided to enjoy sex the next time I have the opportunity to have some. You can do so...