Blockers

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Love life family, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Love life family

Love life family Fapstronaut

I know it’s been asked a million times but I’m not having luck finding an iPhone blocker that blocks app downloading.

I don’t need to hear how ineffective blockers are, I’m not new to this game, just suggestions please.

thank you.

2. SilentWolfSong

SilentWolfSong Fapstronaut

Screen Time. You can delete the app store as well. Have someone else set the passcode. I'd also suggest that you will need to have them re-enable the app store every now and then for updates, and then disable the app store afterward.

3. When it comes to iPhone there are two methods.

The first is to setup Screen Time and disable/hide the App Store by going to “Content and Privacy Restriction”, then “Allowed Apps”, then remove the ability to install apps. This option is great for removing the App Store, but it also sucks because I’ve found that apps do not get updated —at least that’s been my experience.

The second method is as follows:
    1. Download all the apps you want/need. Then go into App Store settings to make sure automatic update is active.
    2. Then sign out of iCloud.
    3. Then go to Screen Time, have a trusted friend of family member setup screen time passcode.
    4. Then go to the Account Changes option in screen times “Content and Privacy Restriction” section and select “Don’t Allow”.
    5. Setup any other settings/restrictions you might think you need such as web content and location services.
    6. Back out of Screen Time to complete selections.

This method will now allow the App Store to be on your phone, but it won’t allow you to download apps since that would require you to sign-in to iCloud, which you can’t do since you’ve disabled the Account Change function. Your existing apps, however, will continue to update as needed. The only downside to this method is you won’t have access to iCloud services, but I don’t give a crap about that so it’s the best option for me.

Another cool thing I’ve found, is if I don’t want access to YouTube, but I still want to see the YouTube vids posted on other sites, I can go to Screen Time and go to App Limits. There is a section for websites where you can set limits for specific sites. I’ve found setting a 1 minute limit for YouTube will keep me from going to YouTube directly, but will still let me watch the YouTube videos which have been posted to other sites like NoFap.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2023
    SilentWolfSong likes this.