Breaking down where it goes wrong

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Stichting, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Stichting

Stichting Fapstronaut

Don't think about women at all. Every kind of thought whether sexual, romantic, or nothing related at all, can lead to more and more thinking and other actions. With each second passing being more difficult to break out of the cycle.

It may seem impossible and therefore pointless, and it is. But the key here is what happens next in that situation. When you happen to have one of those distracting thoughts or even fapping, mostly there will come a moment where you become aware of it. It might be right away or after minutes.

That moment is the key, you will either decide to continue or break out of it. Then we are left with the question of finding a way to make it easier to take the quit path instead of the continue path.'

I'm convinced that you can learn to get used to this new behaviour of taking another decision automatically, just on the same way you can with other things, like with learning to ride a bike you also get used to not take certain directions that lead to the wrong way.

And after multiple attempts, it becomes easier to not take the wrong direction and eventually automatically.

So I think you can make the same happen for this action, which is not continuing the thought or masturbating(which also happens unconsciously sometimes) at a certain moment, or with looking at stuff.

But then you probably ask how to practice that on the same way as with the bike example. It is obvious that becoming aware of that you're thinking about women doesn't give you the same scare reaction as when you're about to fall on a bike.

o there needs to be a factor that pushes you enough at that moment to take the different path of breaking out of it. The key may not lie at the moment itself of becoming aware of it, but other moments when you have the opportunity to easily think about it.

I have found that imagining those moments and thinking about what could be done, impacts those moments itself. So when I have the time, I picture myself being in one of those key moments of deciding to continue or break out of it.*

And then imagining yourself doing the latter, and being happy that you've managed to do that. Simply doing that thought exercise has really made a difference for me for those key moments. I think this is pretty similar to the so called nlp-techniques that also revolve around becoming used to new behavioural patterns.

*There are different variations for this that you can think of that may suit you better, of which I will give my example next time.

2. don0529

don0529 Fapstronaut

"Don't think about women at all. Every kind of thought whether sexual, romantic, or nothing related at all, can lead to more and more thinking and other actions. With each second passing being more difficult to break out of the cycle."

That is the truth... But one doesn't usually come to that point until after a lot of pain has been felt due to acting out on the sexual instinct and pursuing all the cheap thrills and moments pleasures (followed by a cycle of longer pain) that it promises and entices our mind with.

That is the beauty of pain though- it can produce a state of surrender and an emptiness of mind (even if short lived) that feels wonderful and free. We start to fall in love with our own inner peace and contentment. This love is the only love that can be relied upon 100 percent of the time. And becoming one with that becomes the main goal and purpose of our life because nothing else is as important. Nothing...