Breaking News: Women are good!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Have some insecurities you want to talk about broseph?

2. [​IMG]

3. But haven't gender wars been going on since the beginning of time. The woman was blamed for the fall by the man. I don't necessarily think the creation story literally happened but it was a story with a meaning. One meaning being gender wars have been going since the beginning of time and it's one of the reasons the world is in a mess.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Does that mean that thread about women being evil was taken down?

5. Yeah it was reported.

6. "Women are good" NANI?!?!?

This statement is wrong though. Blanket statements about groups of people are never correct, unless you say something like "Smart people are smart"

"Women" is a very general category unfortunately. It includes intelligent, leading, and pure hearted women.

It also includes hate-filled beluga whales AKA radical feminists, criminals, and gold diggers.

Rest assured, I completely understand the intended message of this thread. Hopefully you understood mine.

History has proven blanket statements wrong time and time again. People are also pattern learning systems, and by nature try to categorize behavior based on physical characteristics.

The only true counter is to judge each and every person on an individual basis, and that can be hard.

TL;DR
    I have encountered many women in my lifetime. Some are intelligent, some are catty, some are bossy, some are shy. I have found no correlation between women and any behavioral characteristic. Don't succumb to nature people, give everyone a fair chance at judgment. If they come out with blue hair and look like a beached whale and shout men suck, then run before you get rolled over.

7. Hello @AuraQ

I agree mostly with what you’re saying. Of course there are women who are bad as well as women who are good, HOWEVER, my purpose for the statement “women are good” is to demonstrate a shift in thinking that is prevalent on this site and that is “guilty until proven innocent”. Yet this is not how justice works in a properly ordered society since all citizens are considered innocent (good) until proven guilty. This is because that position gives everyone the benefit of the doubt even when on an individual level one has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that they’re bad. So, while saying all women are good is a blanket statement it is one which has zero negative effects on society or a group of people as a whole. It is a blanket statement that allows all women the benefit of the doubt even when some individual women prove themselves to be bad.

Make sense?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2018
  8. This is actually a common misconception regarding the account of Genesis since Eve was never blamed for the fall. The only one blamed for the the fall was Adam and this was because he was given the office of Patriarch of all mankind: “Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned”—Romans 5:12. Eve isn’t blamed because to do so would be to completely misunderstand the office of Patriarch.

Patriarchy is one of the most commonly misunderstood positions within Christianity even amongst Christians. Most think it’s a position which gives men all of the authority, which is half true since it also places all of the responsibility on them as well. This means men will have to answer for every bad decision and action that they’ve allowed both in terms of themselves and their family. Even further than that since they were created first in the order of procession when it comes to mankind, men will also be judged for the sins of society, since they’re suppose to be its guardians. It’s a position that really brings to life that “fear and trembling” Paul was talking about.

9. Makes sense, good shit man.

10. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Yeah, which is why I said I don’t get gender wars at all, even if it is “natural” or part of society.

People act like the fall was a bad thing, when it was perhaps one of the best thing to happen (though whether it actually did happen the way the Bible says so is still up for debate). Without the fall it would be impossible to have children, which is why the first commandment they received after leaving the garden was to multiply and replenish the earth. Adam and Eve would remain in a state of innocence, forever and ever, with no chance to change and improve (i.e. damned). It’s almost like Pandora’s Box with Hope also.

Hitto likes this.
  11. God gave the commandment to be fruitful and multiple before the fall not after it. Procreation would have happened even if mankind never fell, it just wouldn’t have been painful like it is now because of the fall. The fall itself only worked for our benefit because of the mercy of God. Saying mankind wouldn’t have been better off without the fall isn’t entirely true. Innocents is a characteristic of perfection. To say they were in need of change would be to say they weren’t innocent.

12. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

In the original Hebrew, “multiply thy sorrow” in Gen. 3:16 translates more as “increasing thy discomfort and thy size” which is a possible reference to pregnancy.

13. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Apparently there was more I forgot to comment on.

Of course, as pregnancy wouldn’t have happened (according to the Hebrew version), man wouldn’t even exist without the fall, so we’re better off now.

Innocence is not knowing the difference between good and evil. Perfection is knowing the difference, yet unwilling to commit the evil, or even anything less than the best. Innocence is not perfection. Adam and Eve were innocent. Children are innocent. Jesus was perfect.

14. Actually it’s reference to exactly what I mentioned above which is that procreation will now be painful to the woman, when in Genesis 1:28 the commandment was a cause for joy since since childbirth would have been a painless joyfilled experience form beginning to end, as well as a joy in knowing their children would experience the same joyful life. Now, however, because of the fall when women are faced with the news of pregnancy or the possibility of it there is an reluctence to do it because of the suffering which will come with it both in terms of the pain it will cause them and because of the type of life their children will also have go through, which like pregnancy will require much suffering before they will experience joy.

Deleted Account and Hitto like this.
  15. I probably should have said she was blamed by the man. The first two words he said when asked about the eating of the fruit was 'The woman'. And this seems to be a default reaction by men: blame women for their problems.

I don't think you can say it was probably the best thing to happen. Life was perfect and the fall was the birth of evil. I also think if God wanted there to be baby's he would have created them. In fact I think Adam and Eve weren't the only people in Eden - Adam and Eve are just the main characters in the story but there are other couples living there as well. But it doesn't matter too much as I think it's highly unlikely the creation story as written in Genisis actually happened.

vxlccm likes this.
  16. That’s a big leap.

We could go on and on about this if we wanted to but it’s getting off topic.

17. Adam was passing the buck. The fact that he did that to Eve doesn’t mean it’s a default position for men to blame women. He did it because Eve happened to be the only person there. If he was capable of passing the blame to his wife it stands to reason he would have passed the blame to another man had one been standing there instead of a woman. But like I said to another member, this Biblical talk is going off topic.

Deleted Account and Hitto like this.
  18. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Adam and Eve were in a state of innocence.

Let’s compare this. A five-year-old is in a state of innocence, not fully knowing good from evil, and not fully having that knowledge or wisdom. How often does that child think about sex or having children? Probably none, right?

It was the same with Adam and Eve. They just didn’t have that full knowledge.

vxlccm likes this.
  19. More giant leaps. Huuuge ones, actually. The premise that innocent equals ignorance is false. One can retain innocents even with knowledge. Context matters. Knowledge of sex does not make a child less innocent, especially if their knowledge of sex is ordered correctly.

Your position also cannot answer why they were given the command to do something they wouldn’t have understood how to do. That doesn’t make any sense.

20. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Innocence (at least when used as a synonym for pure) isn’t ignorant, but innocence isn’t perfection either, as laid out in this thread.

One thing Christians forget is the forbidden fruit is the fruit of knowledge of GOOD and evil. Everyone just automatically associate the partaking of it with only getting evil knowledge. But, they always forget about the good. Adam and Eve couldn’t do evil, but they couldn’t do good for themselves either. They were just... there, other than following what God told them to.