Browser for PAs?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by bobs_hair, Jan 29, 2018.

1. bobs_hair

bobs_hair Fapstronaut

I have been thinking lately that perhaps there is a need for a web browser for those undertaking a reboot (along with other use cases I'm sure). If such a browser already exists please point me towards it!

I have found that in order to have effective filtering I needed multiple add-ons and programs running in the background - even then it was still easily bypassable. One single application that covers it all would be great.

Some considerations:
    • open source
    • built on firefox/chromium?
    • ability to add accountability partner who sees web history/can adjust filtering (would need a hosted DB somewhere)
    • Image filtering (something like unable.io, but I don't think they are still running)
    • an agent to detect other browser installs, monitor all http(s) traffic, etc
    • Whitelist/blacklist/greylist depending on needs (controlled by AP)
    • ability to have a timer to restrict access at particular times.
    • many more things...
    I know this will probably be a mammoth project, but I feel like there is a big need for it. Not being a dev myself, I'm not sure where to start with this. We would need devs with experience with this sort of thing, UX designers (probably), anyone who wants to help out and has the skills to basically.

Let me know if there is any interest in this or if I'm going mad.

2. bobs_hair

bobs_hair Fapstronaut