Can’t stop masturbating in the middle of the night

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by cuffmecrimson, Aug 11, 2020.

1. cuffmecrimson

cuffmecrimson Fapstronaut

I seem to have mostly gotten rid of my problem of masturbating during the daytime, but I have a new issue.

I began to use masturbation as a way of falling asleep, but it’s gradually evolved into me waking up in the middle of the night, busting a nut or two, then falling asleep.

Sometimes, if I don’t bust a nut, my body just won’t fall asleep. I’ve laid in bed for over 3-4 hours trying to fall asleep, but it just wouldn’t happen. If I wake up, I can’t fall back asleep. I started taking melatonin, and it’s helped, but my problem of nighttime nuts is still my Achilles heel when it comes to stopping pmo.

what should I do? I’m honestly out of ideas. Any advice helps!

2. Get some exercise during the day with a bit of sunshine (vitamin D). Do this every day--at least 20-30 minutes of exercise per day, morning time is best. Keep a strict schedule of meal times and bed time, even if at first you still have trouble sleeping. Regularity like this will help you sleep better. Also, avoid caffeine at all times.

During the waking hours, if thoughts of M enter your mind, eject them promptly--the mind is the master organ of the body and controls the body, but it may take a few weeks for your thought habits to change. Be patient and steadfast, keeping your eye on your goal, not letting a slip discourage you in the process. Your actions will follow from your thoughts, so it may take some time for them to change after your thoughts have changed. Don't beat yourself up for it, but be persistent during your waking hours in reining in your thoughts. Actions always start in the mind; the body can do nothing without the direction of the mind.

A practical thing you could try, of course, if you find that you M at night when barely awake or when not really consciously making the choice to do so, is to go to bed with your pants and belt on. This will make it less likely that your body will autonomically find itself.

cuffmecrimson and Knighthawk like this.
  3. cuffmecrimson

Thanks for the help man! I actually work a very high intensity job at the minute (I work on cars) and I come home sore and exhausted almost daily. It’s like a can’t shut my mind off. I’m still gonna give this a shot!

4. Damaged_Stoic

Damaged_Stoic Fapstronaut

Hey, bro. I'm in the same position as you. I almost feel like there is a demon possessing me, but I know every victory gives me more reason to keep going.

Good luck!

cuffmecrimson likes this.
  5. cuffmecrimson

Thanks man! If you find any tricks that help, I would LOVE to hear them. So far the biggest help to me has been taking melatonin.

Wishing you the best!

6. Damaged_Stoic

Damaged_Stoic Fapstronaut

I take really strong sleep medication, but at one point I was busting a nut before I went to bed or trying to (Sometimes 4) I eventually really started to trying to quit and I was fine. It seems like a ritual you just need to break and thats hard part. Especially if you have problems sleeping like I do, I'd talk to your doctor to see if he can remedy anything. Don't feel shame in talking about your problem, they're the only people who won't judge and will try to help you.

cuffmecrimson likes this.