1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Can it be that I have high standards

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Nheylmlh, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Nheylmlh

Nheylmlh Fapstronaut

My friends allways laugh at me that i have "high standards" in woman but.. I mean it is not that I am looking for something specific or superb it is just that i don't find them attractive...
    Maybe I am "broken" because all of the TV and commercials?
    I really don't think it is the case cause I don't find all of the commercial "girls" attractive while on the streets there are many girls who are more attractive in my eyes
    Any thoughts about the topic.
    (I know it is wierd question but if you could also tell me more-or-less in percentage how many woman do you find attractive? So I could "compare" myself)
    Ty in advance

2. ReclaimedLife

ReclaimedLife Fapstronaut

Have you been with a wamen yet? Long term or short term romance?

3. Nheylmlh

Nheylmlh Fapstronaut

Not yet.
    I am religious and date only for marriage purpose and don't feel like it is the right time for me. I have decided to prepare myself for marriage for about next year(NoFap is part of the preparation).
    Ty in advance

4. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

80-85%.........thanks to my no masturbation streak

Deleted Account and WesternWolf like this.
  5. ReclaimedLife

If you are going for marriage only you SHOULD have very high standards. You are choosing a woman for the rest of your life, presumably.
    High standards are good in this case.

6. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Are you a Turbo Chad?

7. Like a good 90%, even on my bad days.

8. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

For myself I would probably say about maybe 30-40 percent.

ReclaimedLife likes this.
  9. ReclaimedLife

This is far more realistic. I would go down to 20-30%. Not counting wamen over 50.

Fascinating. I could never be with a overweight/big wamen and don't find them attractive at all. 30-40% of all wamen instantly gone. Rip
    It's a good thing we are all different.
    You remind me of Quagmire from Family Guy:

10. Lol they ain't gonna die cos you don't fuck them mate.

11. LOL I didn't really have overweight women in mind when I threw out a percentage. LOL RIP LOL
    It's a funny thing we are different because I find certain WOMEN attractive and not WAMEN, it sounds like an offbrand ramen noodle hahaha

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. For the amount of women I've found attractive, it's hard to say. I'm not into overweight women at all, I'm not usually attracted to women outside my preferred ethnicities, although there have been exceptions, and then there's just girls I don't find physically appealing at all. So... around 40-60%. To narrow it further, I'd have to think about it more. Now if women you see online are included, that raises it up more towards the 50-60% range since the Internet gives attractive people more attention than people who are not. Usually.

It really depends on what I'm looking at exactly and where I am. For example, cities grant you a higher chance (especially if there are multiple methods of public transporation) of seeing attractive women rather than a place that's so spread out, you need a car to go to places. Which is the kind of area I'm in and this would breed more fat people.

Now in terms of relationships, especially if you're looking for a woman you want to grow old and die with, everybody should have high standards when it comes to their spouse.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2019
  13. GigglingTrout

GigglingTrout Fapstronaut

Back in the States, 40-50%

In China (as well as Korea), I'd say it's around 80%

14. ReclaimedLife

We could also start on what point a wamen is considered overweight?
    If we count only fit and normal wamen i am @50-60% attraction.
    But we defninitely have one agreement. Practicing Nofap makes most wamen attractive again and lowers the bar. It's like being drunk without being drunk.
    Everybody wins!

And i like ramen noodles. They are awesome!

15. Marcelo48

Marcelo48 Fapstronaut

I respekt 100% of wamen of course.

16. It's hard to give just a percentage because there are so many factors. As mentioned above, age and weight are both factors. But if we are simply talking about relatively average weight women around my own age (or appropriate dating age), then I would say maybe like 70%?

It's different for me, though, because I'm not ever planning to date a woman, so finding someone attractive doesn't necessarily mean I'm committing to potentially date them. If that makes sense.

But maybe you should tell us more about your standards, so we can help decide if they are unrealistic. What standards do you have? If you made a list of the kind of woman you want to be with, what would be on it? And more importantly. which of those things are non-negotiable and which ones are just preferences that could change for a woman who fits all the other, more important boxes?

I also agree that if you are dating for marriage, high-ish standards are important. However, it sounds like you're mostly talking about appearance. and in my opinion, that shouldn't be as high on the list, because appearances change greatly over the years, and once you marry someone and get comfortable seeing their face every day, trust me, even if they're a freaking Victoria's secret model, you're still going to eventually stop seeing them that way all the time. There's always going to be someone "more attractive" once you get used to the person you're with, see them every day, see them in sickness and in health and on their worst days with no makeup and snot running down their nose. So you shouldnt definitely be attracted to the person you marry, but keep in mind that all of her other qualities are probably going to be a lot more important down the line than her looks.

17. Nheylmlh

Nheylmlh Fapstronaut

Of course I don't want just a good looking woman but I am taking about apperaappe because it is the easiest and most early thing to check if it fits you or not.
    And my percentages are really low if we are taking about normal weight and girls who are around my age I would say I found attractive at most only around 20% (probably less I don't think all of the other are ugly(some are in my opinion but i still fully respect them of course) but I just don't find them attractive)
    It is important to say that I don't consider myself super-good looking guy I think I look ok and try to take care of my hygiene and wear fine clothes.
    I am just confused should I try working on this and convince myself to find more women attractive somehow?...

BTW thanks to all replies!

18. Hm... I dont know. It's hard to tell, in my opinion, if your standards are too high or not, as you haven't given that much information about what your standards are. But I think it's probably always good to train yourself to look at inner beauty more than outer beauty, for all the reasons I said above.

19. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

There is no point in finding someone atractive when you know you have no chance. I love chubby girls though.