Cancel Culture is alive and well in 2021

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Max666, Mar 23, 2021.

1. ElSabio

ElSabio Fapstronaut

Probably not but it can be deconstructed like what is happening in american culture. Critical Race Theory and the new gender activism, post-colonial theory and the like are a very sophisticated attack on fundamental bonds which hold society together. Don't take it lightly. It's a serious threat.

2. ElSabio

ElSabio Fapstronaut

Quote it, use it and spread it around. Cancel culture is a bid for power disguised as empathy.

Mixolydian likes this.
  3. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

Nationalism is rising in europe in answer to that shit

4. ByTheRiver777

ByTheRiver777 Fapstronaut

I'm admittedly fairly conservative, so I'm biased towards cancel culture.

But from my experience I find it curious that we all acknowledged cancel culture existed (psychologists even researched it extensively), yet when it became apparent that the left (The Status-Quo) was the perpetrator of this type of mob mentality, it suddenly doesn't exist anymore. "There is no cancel culture... Your actions have consequences." - I remember talking to a friend of mine about the thin blue lines flag. I personally have no problem with it, but my friend does. We were out driving and caught a truck that had the sticker on its rear window and he started deriding the person based on the flag and after I said, I wouldn't fly one out of fear of people following me home and harassing me. He told me that the people who fly these flags should be followed home and confronted, because Thin Blue Line is in response to BLM, and only people in BLM know the true meaning.

It's becoming more and more evident that social movements such as BLM are adopting church doctrine, in that they're heavily dogmatic and anyone who strays from the doctrine needs to be burned at the stake (Doxxed, harassed on Twitter, attacked in RL)

I'm reminded of this scene from Republic Commandos every time I think of how violent our world is becoming.

Max666 and ElSabio like this.