1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

carbon copies

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by retardReyard, Jan 26, 2023.

1. retardReyard

retardReyard Fapstronaut

i don’t wanna sound like the kid who thinks he way too mature for his own good, but every kid my age is carbon copies of someone else. everyone vapes, or does some kind of drug. everyone is glued to some social media app, obsessed with altercations. (fighting, shit-talking, etc) also, everyone has a lack of empathy. see somebody with dyed hair? must be mental illness. somebody whose quieter than usual? ‘school shooter’ honestly i find it deplorable, and i hate how i used to make fun of other people just to fit in. since i was gone from a year, i realized this. i noticed a few different cool groups and people, but they are labeled badly. this may sound fucked up, but i want to interact with them, but i can’t because i don’t also want to be labeled.

Perfectionst and Pauley like this.
  2. Perfectionst

Perfectionst Fapstronaut

If there's one thing teenagers of any age have in common it's that they adopt any trend to be accepted by their peers, but I understand it must be especially bitter to be young in this day and age.

Anyway, life is unpredictable. If a thing is fashionable now, it only means that tomorrow it will be out of fashion. If you had asked an expert in 2006, he would have told you that things would get better and better, without seeing the crisis coming. And if you ask one today, he will be pessimistic, not seeing the end of these gloomy times we live in... but that end will come sooner or later.

People tend to fall less into groupthink when the group is smaller. Try having conversations with two or three people at most and you'll see how they seem more unique. Also, put on a scale which is more important to you:
    Group validation, or the freedom to hang out with whomever you want. The former will give you temporary security, the latter will give you access to experiences that will enrich your life forever.