1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Chat addiction

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Marcothebest_1995, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Marcothebest_1995

Marcothebest_1995 Fapstronaut

After something like 10 months of good job, I must admit I relapsed into chat addiction. As for now, it is far less severe than before, and I'm reacting against it. But, there ain't anything good in having an addiction.

So, if you need a topic where to vent out your struggle, here you find me.

My personal reason is having been single for a long time. I want to find a partner to talk about sexual stuff with.

Know it's not good

2. Chat for you means talking about sex. It is reason good enough to avoid such activity. If you feel that you need partner and you have no idea how to find they maybe you should go to the speed-dating or speed-debating. You don't need to automatically looking for partner, but you will have more real contact with people, feel more interesting and valuable person. You should make rule, that if you met interesting girl then you invite her to coffee or walk- no online texting for longer time.

Marcothebest_1995 likes this.
  3. Marcothebest_1995

I know perfectly. I am facing a hard time now due to having a difficulty as it comes to deal with a girl. It's a long story and I had to work a lot on it.
    Looking forward to overcome this last step.

4. Fingers crossed! Remember that girls are just people, there is nothing to be worry about.

RndyBm likes this.
  5. Marcothebest_1995

It's just that I have an old structure, born when I was very shy, that makes me expect particular reactions when I go for trying something more than a friendship that made me unattractive to girls...
    I know that things do not work like this, but I can't manage to overcome this by myself.
    Thank you however for your answers

6. Come up with as many excuses as you like, you know the truth. And the truth is that all your excuses are lies. All your excuses are bullshit.

I thought I had a problem like yours once. You know what I did? I deleted all my accounts on these apps, and then the apps themselves, and then blocked the ability to access these sites and apps and threw away the key. Blocked the App Store on my iPhone and purposely forgot the Restrictions pass-code.

You can't manage to overcome this by yourself? LIES. Listen to what you are telling yourself man! You are lying to yourself, and you can bullshit yourself, but you cannot bullshit us. You cannot bullshit me.

I cannot comment on your supposed SMV (Sexual Market Value) or attractiveness to girls, but if you are not where you want to be, START TAKING ACTION. Get lifting, get your diet sorted. Start learning and reading, expanding your mind and conversational topic reservoir. Tidy up your fashion, get a couple pairs of smart shoes, polish them if needed. Get a fresh haircut that suits you, and clean up your skin and any ache. The steps are out there, and you know them, deep down. Just taking the action scares you so much that you would rather stay down and mediocre than face it.

Case in point: I have an autism diagnosis. At one point I was terrified to even speak to girls. After doing all the above, putting on muscle and speaking to more complete strangers (girls) than I can recall, nearly five months ago I walked up to a gorgeous Ukrainian girl at the gym, a model and very intelligent. That girl has now been my girlfriend for the last four months. Cut out the lies, and see the truth. The truth will set you free.

7. You can beat this chat thing. Make sure you have things to keep your mind busy instead. List what you want to accomplish and read it, remember it and keep it.
    Have an emergency plan to focus on something else when you want to chat.
    The desire to chat will fade away with time. At the same time your confidence will grow. When you get to that point it will be easier to talk with people and socialize even with girls.
    Keep reading and learning here.

8. Marcothebest_1995

Erm, sorry if this looked like a victimization act of myself. I really did not mean to do it, but I did not know better words.

I deleted apps, accounts, went back to NoFap and have been working on myself and problems.
    I totally agree with your points, this is why I am doing efforts everyday.
    I know that there are specific reasons why I am still at no-results level and I will work also on them, but I will not tolerate anymore such attacks, despite being due to a misunderstanding.

I was just pointing a cause, but the inner truth says: must be stronger than the cause. This is my only task and this must be my only thought.

9. Marcothebest_1995

I made it out very easily last year, I relapsed due to a great loneliness of the last period. Thank you, I appreciate it

10. 1. Good to know, great work

2. Everyday effort will return results - good

3. You are not at a 'no-results level' - stop telling yourself that

4. This was not an attack, and seeing it as such shows on some level you see yourself as a victim. Detach from your ego, step outside, and re-evaluate what I said to you from a neutral, third person perspective. Take your emotions and ego out of the picture. Drill instructors and sergeants in the military are not attacking their recruits, they are giving them tough advice that they might indeed have to hear in order to induce change. I appreciate the clarification, and respect the fact you do not see yourself as a victim. An attack would be me directly saying you are pathetic, worthless and full of s***. What I have said is that a lot of what you are telling yourself is not true, and full of s***. The language you use directly affects your perception of yourself and your world. The advice I try to give is from what I have learned through painful, hard experience, and nothing I would not ask anyone to do that I have not done myself. It is tough advice, and I would not have it any other way, my friend. You can see yourself as attacked, but I would ask yourself what are you defending. That is all I have to say, and I too I hope I clarified my position. Respect to you for putting yourself out here.

Marcothebest_1995 likes this.
  11. Could you message me what helped you fix yourself up and discipline yourself

I need a good kick in the ass for being too passive and just constantly rewarding myself for nothing

12. When the urge to chat hit you, remember that it is bringing you a false and short advance in relieving your loneliness. Against the focus on sexual thoughts, get ideas on qualities more deeply suited to your needs that you may encounter in women and notice yourself and other people facing the same problem as the captives of the media propagators of trivial idealizations.