1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Conditioner shouldn't be place on the scalp. But mine's organic. So is it okay to apply anywa

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by LonelyDude21, Jan 6, 2019.

1. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

The reason why conditioner shouldn't be place on the scalp is because it removes the natural oils produce by the scalp.
    I don't know if it makes a difference if my conditioner is organic.
    But the conditioner says itself that it is to soothen and cleanse the scalp.
    So it wouldn't make sense if i don't apply it on the scalp.
    Fyi, i am suffering from dandruff and hair loss. I shaved my hair today to short lengths. Near to clean shaved. So that, i can have a healthier hair once it grows out.
    Any tips for hair care are welcome for me to consider doing it.

2. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

While this is true, whether someone should condition their scalp depends on the person. Some people naturally don’t produce much oil on their scalp, and they need to condition it for healthier hair.

Dandruff can be caused by multiple things, from fungal growths to psoriasis. Cleansing shampoos obviously won’t help those conditions.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Is that why? I thought it was because your scalp is already generally pretty oily, so most people dont need to add more conditioning there.

4. EthanW.

EthanW. Fapstronaut

The less chemical stuff the better, I've found. I use Castille soap all over my body. Worked wonders.

5. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

I don't get what you're trying to say.
    If one does not produce much oil on their scalp, they definitely should avoid getting conditioner on their scalp. It will literally wash away all the natural oils on the scalp and causing Ph imbalance which can cause several hair problems.
    Also, i'm just suffering the normal kind of dandruff. Like everyone does. But most people know how to take care of their hair unlike me. So i went to shave my whole head for the good :/

6. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Not really. Just simply search it.
    There's a lot of sources saying why you should'nt put hair conditioner on your scalp.

7. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Ermm, this is a hair matter, not body.
    A body doesn't have a scalp.

8. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

sodium laureth sulfate is the true enemy.

9. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Checked the ingredients. Didn't find that.
    But there's this thing called Sodium Benzoate. Idk. I just mentioned it since there's the word sodium.

10. This article says otherwise. This says exactly what I was always taught, that you dont put conditioner on your scalp because theres already a lot of oil concentrated there and your hair would look greasy if you put in a bunch more.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/120...-your-scalp-or-should-it-just-go-on-your-ends

I dont really understand what you mean about conditioner stripping your natural oils off. Shampoo, maybe. But conditioner is made to add more oils in and moisturize. So that doesnt make sense to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2019
    MLMVSS likes this.
  11. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Nope. There are people whose hair get thinner and weaker if they stop conditioning their scalp.

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. EthanW.

EthanW. Fapstronaut

I'm including my head when I say my body, lol. It's great for hair.