1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Counting calories?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by IWantABetterLife22, May 29, 2014.

1. IWantABetterLife22

IWantABetterLife22 NoFap Moderator

Hello friends! Inspired by these three threads I wanted to ask the community if any ever tried to lose weight by counting calories? I'm not trying to gain muscle or tone myself, just lose about 15-20 lbs. I agree that it is the quality of the calories you eat and not the quantity (eating healthy/clean) but I think in order to lose the weight I want in the way I want I need to have a calorie deficit. Would counting calories be the best way to do that or no? I also jog (or try to at least) every morning. Finally I don't have easy access to a gym so I can't lift weights (although there might be one when I attend graduate school this fall).

Much obliged.

2. e5s

e5s Fapstronaut

Counting calories is a great idea for short periods of time, if only to re-calibrate your idea of what "lunch" looks like. I used a nutritional scale and measuring cups to track everything for a week. After that I could estimate on my own.
    You can get a good kitchen scale for pretty cheap, like ~$30 or so. I highly recommend it.