Cute Mannerism is Feminine? : Han Yeo-jin from Stranger (TV series)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by hewm, Feb 20, 2022.

1. hewm

hewm Fapstronaut

Hey guys,
    I completed season 1 of this Netflix Korean series.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stranger_(TV_series)
    I kinda have a crush on this character: Han Yeo-jin

She is cutesy at times. She makes facial expressions like a child, like when she sighs, or is upset about something. She talks cute sometimes too, and does silly things like waving both hands.
    That seems feminine to me. I like it and enjoy seeing her exaggerated positive emotions. She is like a ray of sunshine.

Mind you that she is a strong woman, but her mannerism is cute.
    Is it ok to be attracted to women who behave cute like this? Cuz it's kind of like I'm attracted to the "child" in her, which can be, well, questionable.
    I think it's normal for women in Japan and some cultures to act cute.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
    GigglingTrout likes this.
  2. Yes, of course it is.
    There is a whole sub-culture in Japan called "kawaii" (google it) and it is based on that child-like ultra-feminine aspect. It has influenced many worldwide.

3. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Be attracted to whatever you are and don't feel ashamed of it. As long as you aren't preying on actual children or doing anything else morally wrong your interests are no one else's business.

It could be argued that as a broader cultural trend infantalizing women and sexualizing them through that infantilization is morally questionable to say the least, but idk if that's something that would be in any way within your control or responsibility.

LouBee likes this.