1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cybersex Addiction - will I ever recover?!?

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Nooneknows2003, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Nooneknows2003

Nooneknows2003 Fapstronaut

Hi - this is my first ever post on here so I apologise if I am going over familiar ground for you all but I desperately need some advice.

I am due to get married to be stunning (honestly) gf in a few months and I couldn't love her more. Only problem is that over the last year or so I have completely lost the urge to have sex with her and can only do so maybe once every 2 weeks but then have to almost force myself. ED is a real problem. This is terrifying to me, chiefly because with previous partners I have been insatiable and often been pestering them for sex as long as often as I could.

Related to this I am almost certain I am addicted to cybersex - going on chat rooms and creating fake profiles on Tinder, Badoo etc and engaging with random women for text sex, phone sex and ultimately cam sex. I have never met any of these women and often find myself doing it and being aroused by women I would never find attractive. This has been going on for all of my adult life (since 17, I'm now 33) although over recent years it has definitely increased with the availability of such sites, things like whatsapp and smartphones etc.

However, because I had always been able to maintain a healthy sex life with previous partners I am now wrestling with the thought - am I simply not sexually attracted to my gf any more (which really upsets me) or has my brain been affected by the long term cybersex and is now wired to only want new, different and impulsive things? (Which I would actually prefer to be the case as I can try and fix the problem). Has my libido gone in real life just because of lack of feeling or because of the cyber?

I just don't know if I will ever recover from this. Has anyone recovered from this situation and now has a healthy real life sex life again? Is it even possible?

Thanks so much for reading and I'd be immensely grateful for your comments, advice and support.

esforzado likes this.
  2. esforzado

esforzado Fapstronaut

I am sorry to tell you this, but, in my opinion, your life as a husband with her can be a failure. What is the reason of your ED? If you experience ED only with her, you have to think it over before marrying her. If there is another reason for this condition, you should visit an urologist. I would like to help you as much as I am able to.

3. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

How are you progressing today?

What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?