1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dating apps during normal Challenge

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by nfguyrio, Feb 12, 2017.

1. nfguyrio

nfguyrio Fapstronaut

Is it allowed to used dating apps as tinder if i am in normal challenge ?

2. seekingabetterlife

seekingabetterlife Fapstronaut

I would say it depends on if images of the women "excites" you or not.

I was going on Tinder during my reboot (now on day 105) and did not find it damaging. However, there are some sexy images of women on there obviously. Usually, I try not to stare too long at anything that's deemed overtly sexual. Also, I don't find the images triggering really. If anything.... I get motivated to keep 100% PMO free. It also motivates me to start working out and getting into shape. Lastly, I've been lonely for the past months and this gave me "hope" that I may meet someone so I used it.

Bottom line.... you need to know what "gets you high". Could sexy images of women on Tinder trigger you??? Also, you need to think about the dopamine rush... Even if it's not a "trigger" you can be still generating a dopamine release in your brain because you find the pics stimulating. So, all in all, it depends on your personal reaction to the material.

3. Rigel7

Rigel7 Fapstronaut

^Totally agree. Each person is different. I have a girlfriend now, but if I were single, I don't think I'd use dating apps because I know they are a trigger for myself. I know that I would use dating apps not for dating, but just like how I would browse through a P website. But that's just me. You need to know your weaknesses and be vigilant about them.

4. ReallyGreatPizza

ReallyGreatPizza Fapstronaut

It's a double edged sword for me. I have serious approach anxiety I haven't quite gotten over, but messaging women online is something I am comfortable with at this point and apps like Tinder have gotten me a few decent dates. One girl in particular who I'm still seeing right now. So to discount their usefulness to me would be a bit foolish I think. However, a few moments ago I damn near relapsed so I had to put my phone downstairs and hit the panic button a few times. Personally, I think it's something I'll come back to in a few weeks when I'm not objectifying women. YMMV is probably the best answer here, if using those apps is frequently PSUB for you then I would not use them.