1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dating During Flatline

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by stygian, May 25, 2017.

1. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

What are your opinions on it? I believe I should still try to actively date. In a way, it's hard because I don't have any interest. But on the other hand, I think it can make it easier because I am not going to be as concerned about rejection.

What are your experiences in dating during the flatline?

2. The Consigliere

The Consigliere Fapstronaut

You want to date, but you don't have any interest in dating anyone right now? Just want to clarify that.

3. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

Yes, I'm in the flatline. You probably haven't gotten there yet, it usually starts in the 2-6 week range I believe. Once it wears off I'll probably be very interested, but by that point then I probably have to be careful not to relapse.

4. The Consigliere

The Consigliere Fapstronaut

I do know what a flatline is and all of that, but it seems you have indirectly clarified my questions. Anyways I wouldn't force yourself to date if you don't have any interest in dating anyone right now. No reason to go through all that hassle if you aren't up to it.

5. I was there too right at the begin flatlined I had no interest in doing anything my libido was dead. But now its all coming back and I’m raring to go! But unfortunately for me I want to hit that 90-day mark at least first. I think for me dating during this 90-day period of hard mode is a big no because it is only going to cause setbacks. What if you go out there talk to some girls and then pick up phone numbers? You can’t hold back because the girls will think that you are playing them for a fool and not really interested. So then you will have to go on dates and if you are lucky it could lead to a situation that turns into sex.

And that last part the “orgasm” you will be breaking the reboot too early. If you are dealing with PIED or ED then its going to cause you anxiety. The failure to get it up and the awkwardness and embarrassment will send you right back here where you will just end up having to reboot again.

That is how I see it anyway maybe other people think differently. So I would wait until you have rebooted before you resume your dating again that is what I’m doing. No dating profiles no approaching and trying to pick up numbers yet. It will be worth it in the end when your head is right.

Deleted Account likes this.