1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

dating questions

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Phibz, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Phibz

Phibz Fapstronaut

I want some input on something, preferably from some of the ladies here. I met this beautiful woman. Got her number and went out with her. Had a really good time. Into the date, I realized that this was probably one of the most beautiful people I'd ever met, inside and out. We went back to her house. Stayed up late talking, drinking wine. And making out. She invited me over for coffee the next morning. That is where I think I fucked up. She was interested in talking and I was interested in kissing her. I think I may have came on too strong. I had no doubt that I was absolutely smitten. I was careful I thought. I didn't make any plans to see her again. This was on Sunday morning. I simply told her, "You have my number." And she asked me what my last name was. This is good, right? But I didn't hear from her. I sent her a humorous text Wednesday morning, at which she replied with a wink. And nothing since then. Should I wait? Should I tell her that I am smitten and shouldn't have came on so strong? It really bothers me. This woman really moved something in me.

2. I'd say that's a good sign, yeah. If she didn't plan to ever talk to you again, she wouldn't need your last name.

Hm... this is a tough one because it very much depends on the woman.

But in my personal opinion, I would say it wouldn't be bad to contact her again, especially since it's been a few days and really only one small contact in the entire week, so it's not like you're bombarding her with texts or something. If you feel like you messed up and she may have been offended by you coming on too strongly, I would give her a call and tell her that and express your feelings, at least to some degree. (i.e., you might not want to say "I think you're my soul mate and I want to marry you tomorrow" or something crazy, but given the fact that she can't read your mind, it wouldn't be a bad idea to let her know that you feel something deeper with her than just any ol' date. Especially since you may have been a bit too physical for her liking, so quickly, it might be a good reassurance for her to know that you're actually interested in her for good, deep reasons, not just... well, you know, the other stuff.)

I think you've waited an appropriate amount of time for it to be acceptable and not too "needy" for you to call and let her know how you're feeling. Worst case scenario, she doesn't reciprocate, and you can move on knowing that you did everything you could have. And also, you won't have to have any regrets looking back, thinking you may have made her uncomfortable or something. Once that's been cleared up, your mind can be free, one way or the other.

Good luck, Phibz! :) She sounds like a special lady!

3. Phibz

Phibz Fapstronaut

Thank you so much for your reply. I feel less lost.

TakingTheSteps likes this.
  4. Dealing with the opposite sex can definitely leave anyone feeling lost. lol we're a confusing bunch, humans.

5. Phibz

Phibz Fapstronaut

Update: I sent her another humorous text saturday night wishing her a happy easter kind of thing. I made sure it wasnt anything open-ended, as I didnt her to feel obligated to respond. I didnt hear anything until 10:30 last night. Her response wasnt exactly open-ended either. I really think she is one of those rare exceptions that isnt attached to her phone 24/7. She volunteered that she'd been at her parents all weekend and hoped I'd had a good weekend. I have reached out twice now. I dont think I should again. She knows Im interested. What do you think?

6. Hm... another tough question that depends on the woman. lol

See, I'm more traditional, so I would enjoy a guy telling me very clearly what his "intentions" are in dating me, so I know that he's interested in something real. But obviously that's not exactly the norm these days. I suppose you should give it some time, so she doesn't feel like you're hounding her or anything. But maybe after a week or so, if you haven't heard anything and you still feel like you really want to pursue this, ask her out again? Rather than just having conversation, if you actually ask her if she wants to go on a date with you again, that will be kind of a sure fire way to get an answer, one way or the other, about whether or not she's still interested. I mean, sure you want to give her space, but you shouldn't have to sit around waiting on her for the rest of your life. You deserve to have some clarity as well.

Phibz likes this.
  7. I would wait another day then ask her if you can go out over the weekend. As for what happened, she was ok making out that evening,but probably wasn't into it in the morning. Seems like evenings are the time for lovin. Take it slow if you go,out in the day,and maybe next time you are in an evening date thing will happen.