1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dating tutorials are bad (my opinion)

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by MotivationWarrior, Sep 22, 2019.

1. So there is a huge amount of tutorials on youtube about how to get a girlfriend and most of us may watch them. In my opinion these videos are not good for us, why?

We all want that confidence rising. But when we watch those kind of videos, without realizing it, we force our mind into thinking that we are useless about dating women so we have to depend on a stranger giving us tips about that. We don't let ourselves do their natural way of approaching a woman. We depend on someone else. How can you consider yourself as confident person when a friend of yours somehow goes with 5 girls every month and you are stucked to your computer watching 5 dating tutorial videos per day and still don't get laid? If you want that confidence you need to attempt to date a girl on your own otherwise you won't be yourself if you listen to someone else giving you advices. Of course we will learn by our mistakes and at some point those videos will help us understand some of our mistakes. But depending on those kind of videos, won't make your an original person.

Also all of these videos are making women seem as nuclear science. When there are 1000+ videos about getting a girlfriend in 10,000 different ways and the only thing a girl has to do to make a guy like her is smile at him, they seem to us as nuclear science. We are both human beings, you don't need to do some kind of maths to approach a girl. But most of think that it's a huge achievement to approach a girl. I was watching those kind of videos. But still, I am single, now I am trying to be myself.

TheProwler likes this.
  2. bestbacon

bestbacon Fapstronaut

But what happens when your psychogical conditioning when being reared was to be submissive to females in this modern age full of feminism and equality? Think to all those silly rom coms that you have watched that works on the premise of a girl getting together with a guy and then they marry / live happily ever after.

We must come to terms that the current yourself sometimes do not carry enough value to attract the type of girl that you want. If being yourself worked, then these videos wouldn't have been made and gathered views to begin with.

Your idea is right in that a person who continues to watch these videos will have a sense of lack in that they are unable to have the lifestyle they want regarding relationships. At one point though, if it leads you to be driven enough to make changes to your lifestyle, then it is ok.

Can you really expect a male with no job, dresses like a slob, is morbidly obese, but is himself is going to get him anywhere with the females he finds attractive? It's likely not to happen. The key then is to recognize you have a problem and work at it just as you would another hobby/venture in which you want success with. Once the pain of not having a girlfriend exceeds that of working to get one, then one will naturally fall into the work ethic required to procure one.

You mention that there attracting girls should not be a science and it is partially true. Afterall the deep seated and inexplicable feeling of lust that we have all felt while looking at this one girl that we somehow just knew was perfect for us is our innate genes calling that it's a match. Whether we can act upon these instincts is entirely different and where conditioning of previous experiences may prove beneficial.

The problem is that our society functions on a base of finding meaning to life in the majority of cases in first world countries rather than the basic needs. We have so many confounding variables to consider that our psyche is generally too overwhelmed in thought rather than tuning to the flow of what we know to do already genetically

3. They help us at some point, we learn from our mistakes, it has happened to me. I believe that we have to be ourselves when it comes to attracting women but of course learn from our mistakes. Trying to follow the methods of picking up you see in these videos can be fail because you don't know how to use them. Feminism I believe started as a movement so women can vote too, work too and not be enclosed like animals in the house. But now feminism has gone wayy too far and of course some males are getting dominated by women because they don't want to offense the other gender. And of course when it comes to attracting we have to take care of ourselves but be ourselves and not listen to others.

FX-05 likes this.
  4. Tibo87

Tibo87 Fapstronaut

No men is born with seduction skills.

Men who seem to ''naturally'' attract and seduce women have been mirroring someone from their environment/ family.

I used to be very bad with women, not knowing how to interact with them.

I have read books, watch videos, practice humor, and I have then used my knowledge and talked to more and more women.

I think that dating tutorial are like workout tutorial. You will find good and bad ones, but you will learn something from it.

You can't expect someone with no confidence and no self-love to just walk into a room and be comfortable with talking to women to seduce them.

@Castielle would love to have your opinion on this one.

5. I appreciate the request, but I really don't want to get into this one. These threads always lead to people jumping down my throat for my perspective, because most people here disagree with me, so I'm kind of tired of that.

6. At some point they help you learn from your mistakes. For example I was desperate but I didn't realize it until I saw one of these videos giving examples but I will never attempt to attract someone with the methods they show.

7. I don't like them either because they tend to overcomplicate things.

FormerFapaholic likes this.