1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dealing with insecurities

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by codingmaster2014, Mar 14, 2019.

1. codingmaster2014

codingmaster2014 Fapstronaut

I’m the youngest in my family so already there is a lot of expectations. I live with my mum and two older sisters and since I could remember I’ve always felt that my mum criticises me in everything I do. The only time I felt like I did her proud was when I got my GCSE results two years ago. I’m about to take my a level exams this year but even though I did so well in my GCSE’s I get the impression that I am always looked down upon.

Even when I get ideas, I’m always looked at funnily and nobody ever listens. The only reason I did well in GCSEs was because I kept motivating myself that if I do well I will earn the respect of those in my family, especially my mum. However, that isn’t the case. I know my mum loves me, but she is too critical of me and never listens to a word I say.

Not only does she criticise my ideas, but she also criticises my appearance and future plans. Even when I start arguing with my sisters regardless of what they do I’m always the one who is told off first, which sometimes I do deserve. Maybe she is just trying to look out for me, but I can’t understand how she cannot find a balance.