1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

deleting old accounts

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Vinn, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Vinn

Vinn New Fapstronaut

I have a few accounts on various sites, each with their own saved favorites/playlists and such. I think I would be better off if I knew these catalogs of my favorite material no longer even existed. It's like trying to give up drugs, but I know a place where I have "the good stuff" stashed away.
    My question to the community is, how can I go about deleting these accounts without the obvious danger for relapsing?

Ray_of_Sunshine likes this.
  2. Struggle Bug

Struggle Bug Fapstronaut

Do it in a public place. At a cafe, or at a library, where you can do it privately but around other people, they wouldn't snoop on your laptop or phone right?

The park would also be good, as long as it's a public space.

Strength And Light and Vinn like this.
  3. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

I'd say don't go back to the sites unless you have a good reason to.. such as cancelling a membership you are paying for.

If you do go back... then make sure you clear everything you can possibly think of. Otherwise you may find yourself in this situation again.

4. You can disable images and flash in your browser while doing it.

5. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

That's a fantastic idea. I've never thought of that. Firefox in particular makes it really easy to turn off images--just click the 'block images' button at the top right of the browser window.

6. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

How would you be better off? Just don't go back and forget about them. I probably have hundreds of abandoned accounts across the internet and it doesn't bother me none.