1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't Ask For Her Number; Give Her Yours

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Rev2.0, Dec 10, 2022.

1. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

I have seen this advice given recently and to me it makes sense. You give her your number (on paper not by phone) and say "contact me if you want to get together"... and that's IT. Reasons it makes sense:

- It's a great gauge of interest. If she never gets back to you, you've avoided wasting time and possibly money. In this day and age a man only has enough of both to spend on a woman who is really and truly interested.

- It increases her comfort level. If she's not interested, she doesn't have to actively reject you on the spot (unless she refuses to take your number) or know you're another guy who will be blowing up her phone that she has to ignore or eventually block. There are so many thirsty stalker types out there that this low risk (to her) approach is appealing.

- Maybe most importantly: it communicates outcome independence and, ironically, keeps you in the control (non neediness) frame by not asking her for anything. You're saying, here's an opportunity to spend more time with me; if that's appealing to you, great and if not that's cool too and you'll never hear from me again.

You're thinking, that's crazy, she'll never call me back. But what if she does? Then she's invested and you know you can move forward with confidence.

What are others thoughts on this, have you tried it, and does it work?

2. ive thought about this before too. In my experience when i tried this i usually never got a text back, but i also didnt build report first (it was generally a situation where we matched on a dating app or i messaged them out of the blue cuz we had mutual friends). I think its a good idea, ive only tried it a few times. Ill try this

Your reasons are great, thanks for the post.

Rev2.0 likes this.
  3. Alcatel1312

Alcatel1312 Fapstronaut

I think it is a great idea, old school and very charismatic. I might try it out when im in town.

Rev2.0 likes this.
  4. Ngo27

Ngo27 Fapstronaut

I've heard this advice and those are good points from OP although I have not used it yet. It's good to gauge the other person's interest when you've already made an effort to approach and talk to him/her. In traditional dating dynamics, the guy does most of the pursuing process from approaching to asking for numbers and planning dates. It would be nice to see mutual exchange of interest and effort.

Warrior4Freedom likes this.