1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

EFT Therapy against social anxiety, did anyone try it?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by oooo, Jun 14, 2016.

1. oooo

oooo Fapstronaut

Hi brothers and sisters,

I think i have social anxiety. And i want to get rid of it.
    So searching on internet for solutions while doing that i came across this YouTube channel from a guy called: Sebastiaan van der Schrier.

quote: Anxiety is a response of your system of your subconscious mind of you feeling not safe, and your body fires of the flight, fight, freeze system.

So i am willing to give this a try, but i was wondering if anyone here tried it.
    And if it helped to overcome social anxiety.

2. RecoveringScoundrel

RecoveringScoundrel Fapstronaut

I don't know if this is an option for you but a few years back (before I realised I had a PMO problem) I went through one to one cognitive behavioural therapy and it really did change my life. All your anxieties sound so irrational when you say them out loud to someone and the coping mechanisms I learnt are second nature now. I still get a tiny bit anxious but my mind automatically shuts the thoughts down.

3. Patric

Patric Fapstronaut

I don't know, but I recommend that you contact a professional. Self-diagnosis can be a risky thing.

4. Yesodi

Yesodi Distinguished Fapstronaut

As one whose views on health and medicine belong to the "evidence-based medicine" camp, I personally do not believe any of the claims made by proponents of "EFT."

But -- especially within the context of this secular NoFap.com website and its pluralistic community -- I respect the right that every person has to his/her own opinions and belief-system. ;)

5. youngmoney

youngmoney Fapstronaut

Hi. I'm here to tell you there is only one answer to beat social anxiety. and that is facing your fear. everyday, force yourself to interact in situations you would normally avoid at least 4x a day, and as fast/ in a row as possible. This way you will literally retrain your brain to see that your fear is invalid. For me, everyday I try to go to the store or mall or wherever and just strike up conversations with strangers on anything, whether i think its stupid or not, and I have noticed that my fears ( I'm going to get criticized, rejected, ignored, etc. ) are usually wrong. YOU WILL HAVE TIMES OF FAILURE WHERE THE INTERACTION GOES AWKWARD OR HORRIBLY WRONG. But that doesn't mean quit, keep facing your fear and it'll eventually become a habit. Meaning the effort needed to interact with strangers will become less and less as the fear decreases. I promise this works. Do it everyday for about 30 days and you will see your social anxiety 85- 95% decrease. You will have thoughts of why am i doing this, i can't do this, I'm going to get judged, criticized, etc. But i promise day by day you will start to care less and less. Taking action is the most important thing you can do to beat social anxiety. I combine this with CBT principles and man it works like a charm.

I've have been using this method for over a year, going out every single day and facing my fears, give or take missing a day here and there. And i can promise you the first couple weeks are hard, but after that it gets easy. Like lifting weights, your mind gets stronger as time goes on. If you decide to do it, i wish you the best of luck man