1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Ex-Girlfriend. BOOM! And I am gonna go get smashed all day

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Gladiatori, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Gladiatori

Gladiatori Fapstronaut

So. I quit Drinking/smoking for 22 days now. And after talking to her yesterday I Cant help myself. I NEED to Change my number and remove all contact with her??? YES? This keeps happening. And I told her that she is the reason. She keeps coming back 2 me trying to be friends. WTF. I want to have babies with this woman and she thinks we can be friends.. Im done done done done done done.

WOMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. GoAway

GoAway Fapstronaut

I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling with emotions towards your ex girlfriend. If she doesn't understand that You are on two different levels of emotions right now, she isn't really being your friend as she says she wants to. I don't know exactly how frequent you see each other or how Your relationship ended, but to keep a distance is probably a good idea. I don't think removing all contact with her is the best move. Instead you should find someone, who you can talk about feelings with. You need to find a new emotional standpoint and accept the situation as it is now and move on. It is better than pushing your emotions in the background, trying to forget everything about her.

taqwa likes this.
  3. Master Bates

Master Bates Fapstronaut

It's very dangerous thinking of a particular woman as 'the one.' I am speaking from experience here, I had a girlfriend whom I absolutely adored (and I very sure the feeling was mutual) but for a variaty of reasons we broke up, anyway. Distance being the main culprit here. When it ended and after being sure that there was no chance of being back together, I made a conscious decision to cut her out of my life completely. I deleted everything: Phone number, email, text she sent me (they only made me feel sad now), the whole lot of it. You can sure I was devastated, for a very long time. But I didn't want to be the guy who drunk texts his ex, and that was motivation enough at the time. At weaker moments I still regret it, those horrible 'what if...?' moments creep in. But at those times I realize that although she was (and is) very special to me, thinking about someone who deep down you know you're never going to be with again is hampering my growth as a person. I still think about her, of course! But I don't need contact to do that.

I also agree with GoAway, talking to someone you trust about those feelings helps a lot. It probably counts for 80% of the process.

4. Fappernator

Fappernator Fapstronaut

I'm going through something similar emotion wise and its eating up at me inside, she's been traveling 11 weeks now and is back next week. Things have slowly gone sour I said we should go on a break until she's back (this was two weeks ago) as she started to seem disinterest but all I think about is her and these past 2 weeks have been super hard not to message her! I am in love and she's always on my mind but not knowing how she feels now about me is killing me. I'm just going to wait until next Thursday