1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Quotes

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Atticus, Jul 24, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

They can be about anything, so long as it's not rule breaking. I'll start with two,

"Everything we call real is made up of things that cannot be regarded as real" - Niels Bohr

"The brain is only a receiver. In the universe, there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength and inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know it exists" - Nikola Tesla

So, my fellows, what are some quotes that move you?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  2. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

"I found the crown of France in the gutter and I picked it up." - Napolean

ndaty, Melkhiresa, gordie and 3 others like this.
  3. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

This one is a short poem, but it makes a fine quote that I enjoy,

"O strong of heart, go where the road,
    Of ancient honour climbs.
    Bow not your craven shoulders,
    Earth conquered gives the stars"
    - Boethius

4. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

"I pissed on the man who called me a dog. Why was he so surprised?" - Diogenes

5. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

"Cops ain't the enemy, they ain't the law. Find the sons of the devil pushing papers into law, there's ya enemy right there." - Wise old man on the train.

"Nature does not hurry, yet all is accomplished" - Lao Tzu

"Raise your words, not your voice. It is the rain which grows flowers, not thunder." - Rumi

6. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

I think Diogenes is the only person to make me snort laugh in public.

7. FirefromAbove

So based.

Atticus likes this.
  8. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

9. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way."- John Paul Jones

10. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

1 - “Carthago delenda est!” -Cato the Elder
    2 - eppur si muove -(supposedly)gallileo

Hadrian3 likes this.
  11. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."

And unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them. Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type. Unselfishness recognizes infinite variety of type as a delightful thing, accepts it, acquiesces in it, enjoys it. It is not selfish to think for oneself. A man who does not think for himself does not think at all. It is grossly selfish to require of one's neighbor that he should think in the same way, and hold the same opinions. Why should he? If he can think, he will probably think differently. If he cannot think, it is monstrous to require thought of any kind from him. A red rose is not selfish because it wants to be a red rose. It would be horribly selfish if it wanted all the other flowers in the garden to be both red and roses.”

Oscar Wilde

ndaty, Sinbad and Meshuga like this.
  12. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

Summer. Harvest. War.
    -Old greek saying.

Atticus likes this.
  13. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

Sorry guys... :(

FirefromAbove and Meshuga like this.
  14. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

Spits out water

You're the Mayor!?

15. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

16. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

Tell us more.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."- Daniel J. Boorstin

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."-H.L. Mencken

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies."-C.S. Lewis

"We are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of Nature has placed in our power... the battle, sir, is not to the strong alone it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave."-Patrick Henry

"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why."-Mark Twain

"More of your conversation would infect my brain."- William Shakespeare

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    ndaty, Melkhiresa and Atticus like this.
  17. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

I need a sticker of this.

Meshuga likes this.
  18. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

In that spirit

"I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong."-Russell Lynes

19. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

20. FirefromAbove

Ahem...

"One lawyer with a briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns." - Mario Puzo

"Candor and accountability in a democracy is very important. Hypocrisy has no place." The Esteemed Alan Dershowitz :D

"Teacher said I should do something that requires a big mouth and no brain... So I become a lawyer." The right honorable venerated all-around good dude esteemed Alan Dershowitz :D

Atticus likes this.