1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fear or Erectile Dysfunction

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by AwakeningProjection, Aug 18, 2022.

1. AwakeningProjection

AwakeningProjection Fapstronaut

Hi all,
    I have been doing nofap back in 2018, but stopped because my penis did experience shrinkage and erwctile dysfunction. So I started masturbating again, but recently started nofap again. However I feel I will not continue because of these fears when continue with nofap:
    - Erectile dysfunction.
    - Smaller penis size due to not using the equipment.
    - Not be able to maintain an erection when having sex.

The last time all three of these things happenend and I don't want to experience this again.

2. hydrothunder

hydrothunder Fapstronaut

doing nofap shouldn't cause erectile dysfunction. what makes you think that while you're doing nofap?

your penis wouldn't shrink because you're not using it. have you measured and noticed a difference when you're on nofap and when you're not?

The_recession_guy likes this.
  3. AwakeningProjection

Experiences with nofap in the past have made me get ED. NoFap also made me attract a girl, but I was not able to maintain an erection in 2018. That was really embrrising.

I haven't measured it with a measuring device, but have seen it shrink. Another struggle was inconsistency.

All issues might have been because of I touched my genitials, but I am not sure.

I find a lack of scientific evidence for all the benefits of nofap.

hydrothunder likes this.
  4. hydrothunder

hydrothunder Fapstronaut

can it be because if anxiety that caused it? or based on what you've said, you didn't have any trouble getting it up during sex when you're not doing nofap?

well if you haven't measured it, you can't be too sure. it may look longer at times. I know sometimes it may seem like that to me

has it brought you any benefits? what was the reason you've started doing nofap and has it helped you in any way?

5. Brokenbrie

Brokenbrie New Fapstronaut

Let’s be honest here. Of course your not gonna enjoy sex when you 1st quit. Maybe it might mess with you. But if you don’t stop that all can get worse instead of better. Please give it a few weeks , focus on something else but give your brain 18 days to reset and it will be worth it. To actually enjoy sex without the bull crap. I believe in you

6. AwakeningProjection

18 days is very specific. Maybe 16 days because that is a Sunday. I had a reset yesterday after writing this post.

7. 戒者 小辛

戒者 小辛 Fapstronaut

Hello, I'm a Chinese. My English is not good, so I used a translation software to translate and post an article. I didn't know the harm of masturbation before. I didn't know how stupid I was until recently when I learned the relevant knowledge of traditional Chinese medicine. As for how traditional Chinese medicine looked at masturbation, the traditional Chinese medicine thought that masturbation would consume kidney essence, the source of human body's sealing, and the source of hematopoiesis. Excessive masturbation will lead to premature aging of life, so we must give up masturbation.
    Traditional Chinese medicine believes that the kidney is the foundation of life and is inherited by parents. If the kidney qi is sufficient, you will be able to see and hear, be energetic, and be less likely to get sick. On the contrary, if you masturbate frequently, it will cause the loss of kidney essence, and the patient will be depressed, weak waist and knees, thirsty and sweaty, poor sleep quality, rebirth of various diseases, and shortened life span.
    Traditional Chinese medicine believes that masturbation will not only damage the patient's body, but also make the patient depressed, indecisive, paranoid and fearful, irritable, lacking patience and perseverance. This is totally different from the western medicine's view that masturbation is only a loss of fat and protein, which can be compensated by eating an egg.

8. AwakeningProjection

I didn't have sex before going nofap like for a few years. So I don't know. I think my ED at the time was a combination of anxiety, stomach issues and side effects of nofap. The side effects from nofap can be by touching my junk too much. So I will try not to this time and focus on gains instead and introduce kegels into every session. It was my flaccid junk that shrinked and it was real, and i almost never got an erection while on in. But when I think of it the weeks after I quit nofap the erection was stronger.

I think it helped me attract girls. That is my goal at least to get either a gf, fwb or several girls that is/are decent looking.