Feeling absolute disgust want to change

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by dark-fls, Jun 5, 2023.

1. dark-fls

dark-fls Fapstronaut

I am a 23 year old male. Woking as a software engineer in a startup.
    It has been more than 7 years since I fap daily 2-3 times. I am an extrovert yet I have started feeling so awkward in social places. I feel fucking depressed i have nothing to do in my free time other than masturbate or that's what my head is making me believe.
    I want to change all this had enough of this bullshit. This is not what i am, I want my fucking creativity back.
    I am going for 3 days PMO challenge, I will pick up another challenge right after it and will maintain my streak.

Interface and Newbie Jasper like this.
  2. dark-fls

dark-fls Fapstronaut

Done with Day 1, had urges multiple times. But I was able to overcome that. Looking forward to tomorrow.
    Day 1 lets goo!!

Newbie Jasper and Interface like this.
  3. dark-fls

dark-fls Fapstronaut

Day 2: Damn it these urges just don't let me live in peace. There was a time when I got frustrated that I couldn't masturbate. My mind started giving me all the reasons why I should do it. But I can confidently admit that I didn't fucking give in. I surpassed inferiority on my way to become the most alpha man one can be!

Newbie Jasper and Interface like this.
  4. Gabriel Knight

Gabriel Knight Fapstronaut

Patience is the virtue. Just keep it up bro!

dark-fls likes this.
  5. Kn0wbie

Kn0wbie Fapstronaut

well done buddy!! Someone pointed out early on to me… the voices / ideas / suggestions in your head… it’s useful to remember they are “not” you! So you can say no. You can tell them to f*** off! You can decide.

important to remember when that is going on “who” is in charge! Is it you? Or your cock? Or some random voice in your head?

great work so far buddy! Stay strong!

dark-fls and Gabriel Knight like this.
  6. dark-fls

dark-fls Fapstronaut

I agree with you these voices are not me, they are just thoughts passing by. I am the one who chooses to act upon them or discard them. I am the one in the driver's seat and I am not gonna let these random voices misdirect me from my GOAL.

On a deeper retrospection, I came to the conclusion that these bad thoughts are also a part of what defines me as a person. I can't just take the good bits and say this is what I am. Its a good thing that I want to associate myself more with the good bits, but I can't just turn a blind eye to my dark side.
    What is the solution then? Accepting that I m flawed?
    Nah this is too easy to simply accept my imperfections and live with them. In my opinion, a better approach would be to not settle until you are perfect!
    But isnt this just suffering? I mean I will never be satisfied, I will always crave more, I will always starve to be better.
    In this never-ending and recurring cycle, where is HAPPINESS?

Anyways until I find a better approach I will continue to starve, won't settle with my imperfections.

Newbie Jasper likes this.
  7. dark-fls

dark-fls Fapstronaut

Day 3: It was comparatively easier today, maybe because I was busy the entire day, maybe because this weekend will be extra hard so life threw in an easy day. IDK.
    Another update I joined Yoga today. Its literally 30 seconds away from my place, why didn't i consider it sooner lol.