1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling hopeless!!!

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Flyman66666, Jun 18, 2022.

1. Flyman66666

Flyman66666 Fapstronaut

I am currently 120+ day retention journey. But still i didn't see any benefit. I am so hopeless. Why benefits are not coming!!!! I see people get their benefits only in 30/60/90 days. But i am still seeing no benefits. What is really happening to me!!!!

2. Master Builder

Master Builder Fapstronaut

Give us an example of your average day/week/month and yearly goals.

Whats your schedule?
    What have you been doing these 120 days?

Kieran2121 likes this.
  3. Flyman66666

Flyman66666 Fapstronaut

I am a student. I just finished my semester final exam last week.
    Those people who retain have a strong inner confidence in them, but i don't feel anything in me. I still feel the same.
    Tell me how can i grabe those benefits.

Legacy of Lost Soul likes this.
  4. Brahmacharya_UK

Brahmacharya_UK Fapstronaut

Good Evening Flyman66666,

Thank you for your message.

Have you had any counselling or therapy?
    I have weekly counselling (Talk therapy) and occasional hypnotherapy which have helped me.

Do you have other people in your life?
    Do they make you feel good about yourself?

Is there anything else you might need to change regarding your living situation, work, family etc?

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Brahmacharya UK

5. Kierann

Kierann Fapstronaut

120 days might simply not be enough. I was for example during my longest streak 120+ days most of the time feeling worse than before nofap. Withdrawal symptoms are unforgiving. Sometimes things just have to get worse before they get better.

On the other hand, you're a bit younger so I would expect you feeling better after 120 days of abstinence too. But still everybody is different and everybody was at the different depth down the rabbit hole.

A few questions for you:
    1.) 120 days, you mean zero PMO, no peeking, no edging, right?
    2.) Are you on any medication, like antidepressants and such?
    3.) Do you eat right? Are there fruits, veggies, nuts and unprocessed foods in your diet?
    4.) Are you treated for any illness or disease? Going for a bloodtest might be a good idea.
    5.) Are you physically fit? Your weight is alright?
    6.) Do you have any other addictions? Alcohol, smoking, coffee, drugs, gaming, gambling...?
    7.) Are you happy person, at least from time to time? :)

AsangDam and Master Builder like this.
  6. Flyman66666

Flyman66666 Fapstronaut

Yes. Monk mood.
    Sometimes i take antidepressant tablet.
    Yes.
    No
    I am a little overweight.
    No.
    No, I am not a happy person.

Legacy of Lost Soul likes this.
  7. BrettyBoy

BrettyBoy New Fapstronaut

I personally only fap once a week.

8. Legacy of Lost Soul

Legacy of Lost Soul Fapstronaut

Sometimes I feel like shit as well, maybe 50% of the times. Thing is, If I ended my 200 day streak now and had 4 orgasms, I would feel just terrible and borderline suicidal all the time. So its still better this way.

Do not compare yourself to others, compare yourself only to you. Who cares about other ppls stories about their benefits? What you want? Girls bending in their knees before you because they feel your seed power? Laser eyes? Seeing future and past at the same time?

Just go on, and see if you doing better, than a month ago. Thats the only real metric.

AsangDam, Flyman66666 and Kieran2121 like this.
  9. Beekind

Beekind Fapstronaut

What are your expectations?

10. Tommygun_!

Tommygun_! Fapstronaut

Hey bro, can you elaborate on seeing future and past at the same time? What do you mean by that? I've been experiencing something similar but wondering if you have a better explanation of what's really happening there. Thanks.

11. MasturTainer

MasturTainer Fapstronaut

Maybe add some meditation and regular exercise

Flyman66666 likes this.