Feeling Trapped

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Headed West, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Headed West

Headed West Fapstronaut

hello,

I am 24 year old male who has been on PMO for 12-14 years. I feel like others have stopped yet I continue to PMO. I want to stop and be freed from the worrying hell of PMO.

PMO addict likes this.
  2. byeoldfriend

byeoldfriend Fapstronaut

Hello @KellyWest, you are in the right place. Take the time to read some of the resources that NoFap has at your disposal. The Getting started guide is especially useful to understand what's going on in your brain and to guide your through your first steps in nofap. We are all here former slaves fighting for freedom.

Welcome

3. Full ahead

Full ahead Fapstronaut

Just like you..I started when I was 13 and PMO has been with me (closer or farther) all my life long. I had a good recovery period of about a year but relapsed heavily...and being a one per week fapper for many many years. I am willing to break my record and hopefully keep clean from now on.

Have great day

Headed West and PMO addict like this.
  4. lion188

lion188 Fapstronaut

Hi , First you need to know you are not alone , and find a good reason to stop PMO , and nothing gone harm you to quit PMO for one month for example , if you feel confortable , keep the challange i remember making a streak of 14 day , 21 days and i relapse every time , i decided to make a choice is to quit PMO and now i'm about 1 month of no PMO , check the benefit of quiting pmo that's gone motivates you to start the challenge , and here the last and useful tip , try to keep your mind busy , if you focusing of no PMO you have a big chances to relapse again , replace this habit with another good , and i wish you good luck to start and succeed this challenge

5. PMO addict

PMO addict Fapstronaut

Hi KellyWest! Welcome! If you're making an account and a post here you're probably heading in the right direction already :)

Headed West likes this.
  6. Welcome. Glad you are here.

Take some time to read the reboot material (available here => http://www.nofap.com/getting-started) and come up with a plan for what you will do when you are faced with urges. It has good advice, so don't skip it! :)

Perhaps start writing a journal - if you feel comfortable telling people about happened and what's going on now, you will start to feel accountable to them. You may even inspire others. It's a nice feeling! This will help your recovery.

Also, try to add something into your life that makes you the kind of person who doesn't engage in PMO. Think about doing:
    Something you enjoy
    Something you're good at
    Something important
    Something for somebody else, without thought of reward (and if you DO get an unintended reward, do something ELSE, perhaps for a different person or group).

Read the journals of others - we all learn from each other. For example, I received the above good advice from a far more experienced member of the community who shared his knowledge. Don't just stay within your own age group or part of the world. Share your knowledge in a respectful way. Read, learn, apply.

Look around the forums, get to know people. Everyone is friendly, and will try to support you. We're all in the same boat here. :)

Be kind to others and others will be kind to you, both here and IRL.

I wish you a successful reboot.

Headed West likes this.
  7. Headed West

Headed West Fapstronaut

Thank you for all of the encouragement!

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Headed West

Headed West Fapstronaut

Day 2: Resisted urges last night, and this morning and I am very glad that I have. Going to stay off marijuana while at work today. Also, I am in Nebraska, so the next 4 nights will be in a hotel. Going to try and work out, rest, and study some of the Bible while I am here.

Full ahead likes this.
  9. Headed West

Headed West Fapstronaut

Day 3: Felt better, but should have more clarity to talk to girls that I think are pretty... I want that and thats why I am on NoFap.... Saw a very pretty girl in Nebraska while at dinner, and I wish I would have asked for her name. I will remember this and grow from this and this, that cute home grown girl in the restaurant will keep me going.