Felix Culpa

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Invariably, when we first commit to freeing ourselves from the sins of PMO we will fall along the way. I have fallen, thousands of times in my attempts, but I realize that I should be thankful for my failures as I have learned from them and from the shame I felt, I found even greater help and determination.

I read the following from Fulton Sheen's "Life of Christ" in chapter 44 where Bishop Sheen is discussing the questioning of Christ by Caiphas. It speaks exactly to our experience of failures turned into success by God's grace.

“As the concave and convex of a circle are made by the same line, so their voluntary wickedness and His voluntary suffering are united. Divine purposes will be attained now as they were in Joseph, His prefigurement, who told his brethren who sold him that they intended evil, but that God would make good come from it. In his delivery into the hands of evil, Judas delivered Our Lord to the Jews, the Jews delivered Him to the Gentiles, and the Gentiles crucified Him. But, on the other side of the picture, Our Lord said that the Father had delivered His Son as a ransom for many. Thus the evil but free actions of men are overruled by God, Who can make a fall a felix culpa, or a “happy fault.”

Phil 3:12-16 likes this.