1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Finally hit the big 90. Thank you all.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Deleted Account, Jul 16, 2020.

1. (Wow, this is a longer post than I thought it would be. TL;DR: I feel better than ever and I thank you all for your help!)

I hope everyone is in great spirits today. I certainly am. Somehow I mustered up enough gumption to finally get to 90 days of no PMO. It was NOT easy and I wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of this forum and all of you. You rock!! Yes, YOU!!

This milestone represents a huge turning point in my life. Part of the reason I started overmasturbating was due to lack of being able to cope with stress and negativity that seemed never-ending. Unfortunately I was too young to realize that I was eventually ADDING to that negativity when I started doing it so much that it wasn't even pleasurable anymore. It's honestly a miracle that I still have friends and people who care about me, because sometimes I wondered why people would put up with how I acted. I used to make fun of myself incessantly and then wonder why girls didn't want to have anything to do with me. I used to treat myself like shit until my closest friends started wanting to not talk to me. All this while trying to find temporary happiness by jerking off when I already knew that there was a literal 0% chance of anything good coming from it. Somehow, I pulled myself up out of that hell. I made myself realize that I'm a good person who deserves to enjoy an enriching, fulfilling life. I started eating better (I'm mostly vegan now), exercising more (6 times a week), meditating every night for decades (and by doing so, found my spirituality) and also I've been getting help for the deeper mental scars by using hypnotherapy over the past year and a half (if you think it's BS then let's just agree to disagree, please). Lastly, NoFap has also helped in spades.

I chose Hardware Reset for my screen name because that's exactly what I needed to do. My body feels better than ever and I know that I will be able to experience life's pleasures (of all kinds) much easier than before, this time without anything dulling my senses. There's other positives, but I don't want to be a broken record in this post; I go into more detail in my journal if you're interested.

You're probably wondering whether or not I'll continue NoFap forever. You're most likely gonna be disappointed, but the answer is probably not. One caveat has been plaguing me, starting around when I hit the 30 day mark, that has been quite debilitating. My brain fog is unending. I almost feel like my IQ has dropped. Plus, veterans forgive me, I do kinda miss it. So I plan on going back to MO eventually, but I will no longer abuse myself like I used to. I now know that I have the power of restraint on my side.

Whatever the reason you're here may be, regardless if we've disagreed on something or not, I wish you all the best and I look forward to seeing all of you meet your personal goals as well. Excelsior!!!

2. Shuffledude88

Shuffledude88 Fapstronaut

Speaking from experience, ”I have the power of restraint on my side” could be the biggest lie You can tell yourself. I wish you luck, but I would stay on this road if I were you. The brain fog Will leave eventually, it can take months, maybe a year. But you will get whole. P or M isn’t normal, it’s not good for You. That’s the truth our addictive brain constantly try to rationalize. But it doesn’t Change the fact about all harm it does. Just sharing my thoughts here, friend. I Don’t want to Bash you in any way.

palindromo likes this.
  3. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

About brain fog you can value to eliminate/minimize digital distractions , games, chats , social networks.

Congratulations for your big win. Wish you the best