1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

FIRE

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

One of the top 4 ways to stop addiction is to be on fire for something else. A person who is on fire is eager, and zealous with enthusiasm for a new activity. In Acts 2 the fire of the Holy Spirit descended on the Christians. They were changed from A to Z.

Gotquestions online said the following:

“The opposite of an “on-fire” Christian is a lukewarm one. The wealthy, complacent believers in Laodicea were rebuked by the Lord: “I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to vomit you out of my mouth” (Revelation 3:15–16). Lukewarm is the least desirable attribute for water or for spiritual commitment. Spiritually, a person who is “hot” or “on fire” for Christ can be very useful. But a person who is “lukewarm” toward Jesus possesses only tepid commitment and lives without joy, without love, and without the fire of the Spirit. “They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly” (2 Timothy 3:5, NLT).

Christians who are “on fire” for the Lord reject the safe, comfortable life in favor of accomplishing God’s will; they actively “pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness” (1 Timothy 6:11). They are “eager to do what is good” (Titus 2:14). Some believers today need to heed Paul’s advice: “I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you” (2 Timothy 1:6, NLT).”

Wow, great stuff. Secondly, I talk about striving to live in the light. Fire gives off a lot of light. This week: consider focusing on 1 John 3, John 15, and on Psalms 1, and focusing on praying to be filled with the Holy Spirits' fire.

Next, always make putting Jesus first as the priority. Then, consider focusing on working on your quitting goal every day. Lastly, focus on God's promise in Psalms one: 2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. 3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers.

2. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

I am a Boston Celtics fan. Their young center said, "I will do anything that is good for the team." That fire is one of the reasons the Celtics are going deep into the playoffs.

Darren Wray noted the following:

“God wants His people to serve Him with fervency. The word fervent comes from the Greek word zeo. It means “to be hot to the point of boiling.” How do we become on fire for God? By allowing Him to burn inside us. That won’t happen if we only speak to Him periodically or read a Bible verse occasionally.

Some Christians are not fervent because their relationship with God is superficial. They jump in the fire for a short time and then jump out. Nothing much happens because they don’t spend enough time in the fire.

Becoming fervent is not a complicated process. You just have to spend enough time with Jesus. When you put a pot of water on the stove, nothing happens immediately. Over time, the flame causes the water to boil.

Being fervent is not so much about what you do. It’s more about how long and where you position yourself. Like the pot of water, if you sit on God’s flame long enough, the things of God will begin to bubble up. The passion, zeal, and excitement for God will start to flow in you and ultimately pour out of you.

Whether you’ve been born again for one day or 30 years, you need to be on fire for God! Decide that you’re not going to be spiritually apathetic. Allow God to boil your water and stir you up. Then serve Him every day with excitement and passion!”

We must be on fire for God or we will never get the excitement we need without a sinful substitute. When we are on fire we become a vessel used by the Holy Spirit to change the world. Commit to being on fire today. From now on find your excitement and purpose from the Holy Spirit Himself.