First Step to a Lifetime of Happiness

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by exclingon, Dec 29, 2014.

1. exclingon

exclingon Fapstronaut

Hi, this is my first time to join anything like this group.

I first learned how to masturbate at the age of 4, and have been doing it ever since. Of course, I only knew what it was later on. Now, I'm 24 and I pretty much have been masturbating several times a day. But now, I know there's a better way.

My life has not had enough direction. And self-control is my biggest problem. Aside from that, I tend to be unlucky in relationships, being always the clingy one until I end up pushing them away. Others I've only settled, but then moved on from.

Now, I've resolved to give this NoFap a go.
    My goal (for now): NoFap for 7 days and see the difference for myself.
    My motivation: To be a more confident, self-controlled person who knows what/who he wants and is not too desperate to show it. I'm doing this as well for my future significant other.

Of course, I know I won't be able to get all that in just 7 days. But maybe a hint of it. :rolleyes:

Thanks for letting me share. :)

(r)ex

2. 21decisionforlife

21decisionforlife Fapstronaut

Welcome. Feel free to post as much as possible and stay active here. It will shape ur consciousness enormously. Cold showers, sport this ist the standard stuff that will help u, take the threads of the more experienced people and keep reading about it. Will help and together we can all make it.

3. exclingon

exclingon Fapstronaut

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, I've been going back to my exercise routine. And I play the piano. Only problem is, I've just begun home-based work so I'll be staying at the house most of the time. Planning to fill my schedule with friends and activities to counter that. But I still have to work at home in the privacy of my room. :p

4. exclingon

exclingon Fapstronaut

Day 2 (technically), and already I can see substantial differences. Woke up with morning wood, resisted the urge to fap or even edge and it felt great. It's currently 5:24AM where I come from. Since I didn't PMO last night, I slept early (around 11PM) and I don't feel tired. I'm planning to go out for some early morning exercise in a while.

I feel like I can start doing things I've been putting off now i.e. Spending time with God (Yes I'm a Christian), Developing a personal mission statement (7 Habits) and rebuilding relationships. One day at a time though. :)

5. exclingon

exclingon Fapstronaut

Day 4. So far, so good. :)

6. exclingon

exclingon Fapstronaut

Made it to Day 7! :D

Haven't faced so much of a difficult time. Sure, there were times when the thought crossed my mind. But reading how others have done this and how many have succeeded somehow helped. Also, zero tolerance for suggestive material of any kind, as well as edging helps.

I think I'll continue this and push to 2 weeks and see what happens. Will most likely start a journal thread. :)