1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

For the next 100 years

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Veteran, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Veteran

Veteran Fapstronaut

There are many success stories one can choose from, so there isn't much I could add to benefit others. Nevertheless, today is day 93 for me and I would like to write a thread to get perhaps a feeling that I succeeded and to motivate myself to keep going.

The first time I thought of myself as an addict was more than 8 years ago. I wanted to stop, because I believed fapping was lowly, controlling me and destroying me spiritually, physically and emotionally. No matter how much effort I invested the period I could abstain halved each time. At 17 I abstained for a year, and then it was half a year, then three months, and so on, until I knew the next time when it was going to happen. When I was at the worst, I relapsed few times a day each or every second day. At this point I got into a relationship and got married. The frequency of my relapses decreased, but the problem remained, drawing into it the complexity of a relationship.

The past six years since I'm married the relapses weren't that often (binging once per month or two), but the consequences remained until the next relapse was in proximity. I was irritable, exacting, unproductive, depressed and sometimes contemplating suicide.

The breaking point for me was when I attended a youth camp, where a pastor addicted to PMO spoke about his problems, how he confronted them and pointed us to some resources. At that point I started to learn. I acquired some tools for coping with urges, but I guess I still lacked the determination to stop once and for all.

When I was contemplating taking some medications in order to stop with the habit, I came across NoFap. It's been difficult, but destroying PMO day after day after day has become easier.

I’d like to say that after 8 years of warfare I’m free, but each day brings new challenges to my sobriety. This is going to be a 100 year long war, which I don’t intend to lose.

There’s plenty advice one can find. I’d like to recommend just three things: Learn, preservere and take it a day at a time. If you can't manage a day, pick a shorter period that you think you can manage.

Whish you a lot of success

2. iHappy

iHappy Guest

Congratulations :)

Veteran likes this.