1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Found something interesting

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Andrew Watson, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Andrew Watson

Andrew Watson New Fapstronaut

I didn’t know where to put this, i guess this is good enough.

Im amazed how hard this shit is to find on the web, its like its hidden....i found this amazing research that states and i quote: ”Hyperprolactinemia has been produced via daily injection of either PRL (Prolactin) or dopaminergic antagonist, pituitary transplantation under the kidney capsule, or inoculation with PRL-secreting tumours. Data consistently demonstrates that hyperprolactinemia impairs sexual function on both motivational and physiological levels in the male (increased latency to mounting and ejaculation, decreased frequency of mounts, intromissions, and ejaculations) and female rat (lordosis behaviour)”

Furthermore, PRL remained significantly elevated 60 min following orgasm, as conFirmed by Tukeys post-hoc analysis. As the PRL response appeared orgasm-specific, we examined the response to film-induced sexual arousal alone in the absence of orgasm. Supporting the position that the PRL response is specific to orgasm, sexual arousal alone induced no changes of PRL in either males or females (non-significant treatment, time, or interaction effects).”

Hyperprolactinemia is a condition in which prolactin is high. High prolactin lowers dopamine and testosterone, probably why we feel like scared anhedonic wimps.

Youre welcome
    https://www.researchgate.net/public...in_secretion_Feedback_control_of_sexual_drive

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019